|Birth name||Louis Stanislas Renoult|
|Born||29 May 1972|
|Labels||Polydor, Universal Music|
|Associated acts||Calogero, Circus|
Louis Stanislas Renoult (born 29 May 1972, in Fontainebleau, Seine-et-Marne), just known as Stanislas, is a French singer. After several musical collaborations since 2000, he met success in 2008 with his first solo album L'Équilibre instable.
He is the son of François Renoult, a musician who had worked with Antoine, notably on the song "Je l'appelle Canelle".
Stanislas entered the Conducting program at the École Normale de Musique de Paris when he was 19. Three years later, he left the school with honors and became the assistant of musical director of the Orchestra of Massy Dominique Rouits where he regularly continues to direct classical works. He also composed, works on arrangements and produced many pop singles for artists such as Daniel Levi, Calogero (with whom he recorded a duet), Charles Aznavour, Maurane, Kool Shen, Céline Dion.
In 2000, Stanislas formed with Gioacchino (Calogero's brother) the band Pure Orchestra and signed with Atletico Records, the label of Pascal Obispo. Their first single "U&I" was aired on radio in summer 2001 and the album Singing’ dog was released in February 2002. In 2004, Stanislas began to write his first solo album and decided to start a new collaboration with his brother Thibaud. They recorded Thibaud's first studio album, entitled Les Pas perdus, then Stanislas' debut album L'Équilibre instable released in late 2007 (Polydor/Universal). His first single "Le Manège" achieved success in France. It was followed by "La Belle de Mai", then by "La débâcle des sentiments", a duet with Calogero.
After a great success of his two concerts at the Alambra of Paris in March 2008, Stanislas was on stage in France and Belgium in November and December 2008 (Massy, Lille, Nantes, Tours, the Olympia of Paris, Ludres, Aix-en-Provence, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Troyes, Brussels, Sanary, Lyon).
|2007||L'Équilibre instable||First studio album
Date of release : 19 Novembre 2007
|2010||Les Carnets de la vigie||Second studio album
Date of release : 4 January 2010
|2011||Top hat||Universal France
Date of release : 27 September 2011
|2014||Ma solitude||Universal France
Date of release : 28 April 2014
|FR||FR (DL)||BEL (WA)|
|2007||"Le Manège"||2||10||15||L'Équilibre instable|
|2008||"La Belle de mai"||19||26||—|
|"La débâcle des sentiments" 1||2||11||3|
|2009||"Les Lignes de ma main"||—||—||—|
|2010||"Fou d'elle"||—||—||35||Les Carnets de la vigie|
1 Duet with Calogero
- "Stanislas : L'équilibre Instable inclut "La Débâcle Des Sentiments" avec Calogero". Musique Radio (in French). Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- "Stanislas avait pensé faire la Star Academy". Chartsinfrance (in French). Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- "Stanislas dévoile les lignes de sa main". Chartsinfrance, Thierry Cadet, 6 March 2009 (in French). Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- "NRJ Music Awards 2009 : le palmarès complet". Ozap, Julien Lalande, 18 January 2009 (in French). Retrieved 25 July 2009.
- Stanislas' discography and peak positions in France Lescharts.com (Retrieved 17 September 2008)
- Stanislas' discography and peak positions in Belgium (Wallonia) Ultratop.be (Retrieved 17 September 2008)