Stanley Bay, New Zealand
|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Electoral ward||North Shore|
Stanley Bay on the North Shore, New Zealand is a small suburb near Devonport. It is mostly residential; the surrounding towns and shops are only a walk away. The Devonport Naval Base lies to the east of the bay on the south side of the Stanley Bay peninsula and is connected to storage facilities on the north side at Ngataringa Bay by a tunnel.
Stanley Bay School is a coeducational contributing primary school (years 1–6), with a decile rating of 10 and a roll of 313. The school celebrated its centenary on Labour Weekend 2009. Stanley Bay published a book called Supertastic Marvellistic, featuring stories written by the children and one from poet Kevin Ireland, with all profits going to charity. The school motto is "Those Who Do Their Best Do Well" which was updated from the gender specific version "He Who Does His Best Does Well" in the early 1980s.
- Gregory's Auckland & Surrounds Street Directory (3rd ed.). 2008. maps 66–67. ISBN 978-0-7319-2048-8.
- Quickstats about Stanley Bay
- "Stanley Street". Auckland Museum. Retrieved 2009-02-07.
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Stanley Bay School
- "Centennial & Reunion". Stanley Bay School. Retrieved 2009-02-07.
- Stanley Bay School
- Chaos In The CBD - 78 To Stanley Bay
- Photographs of Stanley Bay held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|