Stanley Jones (judge)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Make article more cohesive, not bullet points. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 1969, Jones was admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland as a barrister and commenced practice in Rockhampton. During his time in Rockhampton, Jones became the founding chairperson of the local Aboriginal Legal Service in 1972.
Jones was the first person to be appointed to the role of chancellor at Central Queensland University in 1992. Jones had previously been a council member at the institution from 1975 until 1989, during its previous incarnation as the Capricornia Institute of Education. He resigned as the university's chancellor in 2004.
In 2010, Jones was engaged by the Crime and Misconduct Commission to investigate claims of official misconduct by LNG companies relating to the completion of environmental assessments for coal seam gas projects.
- Judicial Profiles: The Honourable Stanley G Jones, Supreme Court Library Queensland. Accessed 31 August 2018.
- Chancellor: The Honourable Justice Stanley Jones AO (1 January 1992-5 March 2004), CQUniversity website. Accessed 31 August 2018.
- (13 June 2005) Queenslanders share in Queen's Birthday honours, ABC News, Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Howells, Melinda; Roe, Isobel (19 September 2013) CMC finds no misconduct in CSG approvals, ABC News, Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Lucas, Paul (2 September 2011) Far Northern Queensland legal community farewells respected judge, Queensland Cabinet and Ministerial Directory. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- (2 September 2011) Valedictory Ceremony for the Hon. Justice Jones AO, Hearsay - The Journal of the Bar Association of Queensland. Accessed 31 August 2018.
- Viellaris, Renee (11 April 2016) Smallbone Report: Justice Stanley Jones speaks out about sexual abuse in Queensland indigenous communities, The Courier-Mail, News Corp Australia. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Ekert, Jessica (3 August 2018) Report by Cairns Justice throws light on sexual violence, The Courier-Mail, News Corp Australia. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Stevenson, Ashleigh (1 August 2018) Teen sexting 'not necessarily' child porn, former judge says in sexual violence report, ABC News, Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- Caldwell, Felicity (31 July 2018) Report into youth sexual violence and abuse released after 16 months, Brisbane Times, Fairfax Media. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
|This Australian law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|