|Archbishop of Uganda, Bishop of Kampala|
|Church||Church of Uganda|
|Diocese||Diocese of Kampala|
|In office||since 2012|
|Predecessor||Henry Luke Orombi|
|Other posts||Bishop of Masindi-Kitara (2004–2012)|
|Consecration||19 December 2004|
by Henry Luke Orombi
|Rank||Bishop of Masindi-Kitara (2004–2012)|
|Born||1 March 1955|
Kigezi District, Uganda
|Alma mater||Bishop Tucker Theological College |
St. Paul's University, Limuru
Oxford Centre for Mission Studies
Stanley Ntagali (born 1 March 1955) is a Ugandan Anglican bishop. Since 2012, he has been the Archbishop of Uganda, and therefore head of the Church of Uganda, and Bishop of Kampala. He was Bishop of Masindi-Kitara from 2004 to 2012.
Early life and education
Ntagali studied theology and trained for ordained ministry at Bishop Tucker Theological College, an Anglican seminary, graduating with a certificate in theology in 1981. He continued his studies after ordination, completing a Bachelor of Divinity degree from St. Paul's University, Limuru in Kenya and a Master of Arts degree in theology and development from the Oxford Centre for Mission Studies (associated with Middlesex University) in 2000.
In 1981, Ntagali was ordained in the Church of Uganda. He was a missionary in Karamoja until 1986. He then served as a parish priest in the Diocese of Bunyoro-Kitara until 2002. He was Archdeacon of Masindi from 1994 to 1999, Diocesan Secretary of Bunyoro-Kitara from 2000 to 2002, and Provincial Secretary for the Church of Uganda from 2003 to 2004.
Ntagali was elected to be the next Archbishop of Uganda by a secret ballot by all the 34 bishops of the church of Uganda on 22 June 2011. He was installed as archbishop on 16 December 2012 at St. Paul's Cathedral at Namirembe. In addition to serving as the Archbishop of Uganda, Ntagali serves as bishop of the Diocese of Kampala, which is the episcopal see of the archbishop. His official position is Archbishop of Uganda and Bishop of Kampala.
- "UGANDA, Archbishop of,". Who's Who 2017. Oxford University Press. November 2016. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Kaija, Wilson Akiiki (22 June 2012). "Masindi Bishop Ntagali Is New Archbishop of Uganda". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Portrait of a Bishop". Bristol Uganda link. Diocese of Bristol. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Conger, Georgev (1 July 2012). "Stanley Ntagali elected Archbishop of Uganda". The Church of England Newspaper. p. 5. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Simon, Simon (22 December 2013). "Archbishop Ntagali: I Was Captured by Jesus Before I Became Wild". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Ephraim Kasozi, and Sarah Tumwebaze (22 June 2012). "Ntagali Is New Church of Uganda Archbishop". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Raymond Baguma, and Vicky Wandawa (22 June 2012). "Right Reverend Stanley Ntagali Is New COU Archbishop". New Vision. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Orombi, Luke (11 January 2012). "Archbishop's Press Statement On His Retirement". Church of Uganda.
- "Church of Ugandan applauds CoE women bishops vote". Anglican Ink. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- Okille, Nicodemus (22 June 2012). "The Right Reverend Stanley Ntagali Elected 8th Archbishop of the Church of Uganda". Anglican Communion News Service (London). Retrieved 19 July 2014.
|Anglican Communion titles|
Henry Luke Orombi
| Primate of the Anglican Church of Uganda
2012 - present