|Local authority||Auckland Council|
Whangaparaoa College is a secondary (years 7-13) school with a decile rating of 9 and a roll of 1481 (February 2017). The college opened at the beginning of 2005, incorporating Hibiscus Coast Intermediate School. It was initially called Stanmore Bay Secondary School.
Both schools are coeducational.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 11. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- The population is the sum of the statistical areas of Stanmore Bay West (Quickstats about Stanmore Bay West) and Stanmore Bay East (Quickstats about Stanmore Bay East)
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Whangaparaoa College
- "Directory of Schools - as at 6 March 2017". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Education Review Report - Whangaparaoa College". Education Review Office. July 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-27.[dead link]
- "Mergers, Closures and New Schools, January 2005 - December 2005" (XLS). Education Counts.
- Te Kete Ipurangi schools database: Stanmore Bay School
- "Stanmore Bay School 25th Jubilee Celebration". Education Gazette New Zealand. 83 (8). 10 May 2004.
- Whangaparaoa College website
- Stanmore Bay School website
- Photographs of Stanmore Bay held in Auckland Libraries' heritage collections.