Maponga with the Atlanta Falcons
|No. 71 New York Giants|
|Date of birth:||March 5, 1991|
|Place of birth:||Harare, Zimbabwe|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|High school:||Carrollton (TX) Hebron|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 5 / Pick: 153|
|Roster status:||Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Stansly Maponga (born March 5, 1991) is an American football defensive end for the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Falcons in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at TCU.
Maponga was drafted in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft by the Atlanta Falcons. On September 5, 2015, Maponga was waived by the Falcons in the final cuts before the start of the regular season. On September 7, 2015, he was signed to the Falcons' practice squad.
New York Giants
On December 12, 2015, the New York Giants signed Maponga off the Atlanta Falcons' practice squad. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the Giants. The next day, he was signed to the Giants practice squad.
- "Stansly Maponga". Foxsports.com. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "Falcons Reach 52-Man Roster". AtlantaFalcons.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- "Falcons Sign Eight Players to Practice Squad". AtlantaFalcons.com. September 7, 2015. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- Salomone, Dan (December 12, 2015). "Giants sign DE Stansly Maponga". Giants.com. Retrieved December 26, 2015.
- Eisen, Michael. "New York Giants announce 20 roster moves". Giants.com.
- Eisen, Michael. "Giants announce practice squad; claim DT Robert Thomas". Giants.com.