This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Breakbeat, UK garage, electronica, house|
|Labels||Punks, Fabric Records, V2 Records, XL Recordings, Skint Records, Central Station (Universal Music), OWSLA/NEST|
Stanton Warriors are an English DJ and production duo consisting of Dominic Butler and Mark Yardley. Originally from the West Country, the duo have performed internationally with their infamous Stanton Sessions parties in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia. Their name was taken from a manhole cover, made by Stanton Ironworks, which seemed fitting with their style of underground, cutting edge music.
The Stanton Warriors' third mix album was released in the UK on 27 October 2008, entitled Stanton Session Vol. 3, which is their best-seller to date, and received 5 out of 5 from iDJ. This was also released in a limited run, deluxe edition manhole cover tin pack.
The graffiti style artwork (and their SW logo) seen on many of their releases and merchandise is the work of several renowned graffiti artists, SheOne and Rough, the latter of which won a design award for the artwork on the Stanton Warrior's single, "Da Antidote".
The Stantons have been known to release free to download promotional DJ sets through their websites, where there is also live video footage of their gigs. Now based in West London, they run a successful record label (Punks) out of their recording studio.
Albums and EPs
- 1997: Headz of State EP (with Deeper Cut)
- 1997: Deeper Cut/Headz of State EP
- 2001: The Stanton Session
- 2006: The Stanton Sessions Vol. 2 / The Lost Files
- 2006: Fabric Live 30
- 2007: Remixes (Skint) – (compilation album of Stanton Warrior's remixes of other artists)
- 2008: The Stanton Sessions Vol. 3
- 2011: The Warriors – UK No. 186
- 2013: Sessions IV
- 2014: The Bones EP
- 2015: Rebel Bass
- 2015: Keep It Movin' EP
- "Da Virus"
- 2001: "Da Antidote" – UK No. 69
- 2003: "Everybody Come On (Can U Feel It)" (Stanton Warriors Remix) – Mr Reds vs DJ Skribble – UK No. 13
- 2011: "Turn Me Up Some"
- 2013: "Cut Me Up"
- Basement Jaxx – "Bingo Bango" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Fatboy Slim – "Demons" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Basement Jaxx – "Where's Your Head At" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- The Streets – "Has It Come To This" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Azzido Da Bass – "Dooms Night" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Mylo – "Drop The Pressure" (Stanton Warriors Remix) (Punks)
- Deekline & Ed Solo – "Hands Up" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Claude Von Stroke – "Who's Afraid of Detroit" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Cosmos – "Take Me With You" (Stanton Warriors 'Break Me with You' Remix) (Punks)
- Booka Shade – "Mandarine Girl" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Gorillaz – "Feel Good Inc" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Gabrielle – "Falling" (Stanton Warriors Vocal Mix / Stanton Warriors Dub Mix)
- Brighton Port Authority – "Toe Jam" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Alter Ego – "Rocker" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Goose – "Bring It On" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Apollo 440 – "Dude Descending a Staircase" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Tim Deluxe – "It Just Won't Do" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Beginnerz – "Reckless Girl" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Plump DJs – "Shifting Gears" (Stanton Warriors Remix) (Finger Lickin' Records)
- Eurythmics – "Here Comes The Rain Again" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Frankie Valli and the The Four Seasons – "Beggin'" (Stanton Warriors Remix)' (CDR)
- DJ Mehdi – "Signatune" (Stanton Warriors remix) – Ed Banger
- Digitalism – "Zdarlight" (Stanton Warriors remix) – Virgin
- Chemical Brothers – "Saturate" (Stanton Warriors mix)
- Yo Majesty – "Club Action" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- DJ Skribble vs Stanton Warriors – "Everybody Come On"
- The Black Eyed Peas – "The Time" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- MIA – "Internet Connection" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Tensnake – "Coma Cat" (Stanton Warriors Re-Bump)
- Daft Punk – "Derezzed" (Stanton Warriors Tron Punk Re-Bounce)
- Boys Noize – "Yeah" (Stanton Warriors Re-Bump)
- Big Boy – "Shutterbug" (Stanton Warriors Re-F*ck)
- Jay Z feat. Kanye West – "N!**@s in Paris" (Stanton Warriors Remix)
- Julio Bashmore – "Au Seve" (Stanton Warriors Re-Bash)
In August 2013, Vice's music blog, Thump, premiered the video for "Cut Me Up". Shot in Los Angeles, the video is a character vignette of a fictional gang of skaters named the Stanton Warriors. Much has been made over its presentation of the role reversal position of the city's gang problem. It premiered on MTV in September. The video was directed by Edward John Drake.
- Zobbel.de Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 524. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Music Video (22 May 2013). "Stanton Warriors – "Cut Me Up"". Mtv Iggy. Retrieved 4 December 2013.
- "Stanton Warriors 'Cut Me Up' by Edward Drake | Promo News". promonews.tv. Retrieved 19 June 2015.