|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Queensland Government-owned corporation|
|Richard Van Breda
The Honourable Warwick Parer AM
|Revenue||A$xxx million (2013)|
|(A$24.6) million (2011)|
|(A$12.0) million (2011)|
|Total assets||A$1,814.7 million (2011)|
|Total equity||A$610.4 million (2011)|
|Owner||Government of Queensland|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references
Stanwell Corporation is a Queensland government-owned corporation and is the state's largest electricity generator.
Stanwell Corporation is a diversified energy company with a range or electricity generation assets: thermal coal, gas and hydroelectric, and fuel assets. These are geographically dispersed across Queensland and together generate more than 4,000 megawatts of electricity.
The business employs approximately 800 people across its various sites in Queensland.
Major assets owned and operated by Stanwell include
- Barron Gorge Hydroelectric Power Station
- Kareeya Hydro Power Station
- Koombooloomba Hydro Power Station
- Stanwell Power Station
- Tarong Power Station
- Tarong North Power Station
- Meandu Mine
- Mica Creek Power Station
- Mackay Gas Turbine
- Swanbank B and E Power Stations
- Wivenhoe Small Hydro
Windy Hill Wind Farm in Queensland and Toora Wind Farm in Victoria were owned by Stanwell but were sold to Transfield Services in 2007. The company also subsequently sold Emu Downs Wind Farm in Western Australia.
- "Stanwell Annual Report 2010" (PDF). Stanwell Corporation. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- "Stanwell Corporation: About us". Stanwell Corporation Limited. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- "Smooth transition into new structure for Queensland Government Gencos". Press Release. 11 July 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|