Staples is a city in northeastern Guadalupe County, Texas, United States. In an election held on May 10, 2008, its residents voted to incorporate the community as a city. A total of 125 votes were cast with 87 (69.6%) in favor of incorporation and 38 (30.4%) against. The population is approximately 220 and it is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The city held its first municipal election on November 4, 2008. Eddie Daffern, an organizer of the incorporation effort, was elected unopposed as Mayor. A total of seven candidates ran for the five Alderman positions. Those elected include Carol Wester, who received 70 votes, followed by Ronnie Clark with 67 votes, Bert "Bubba" Reinke and William A. York – both winning 52 votes, and Shaun Seale with 40.
As of 2000, Staples boasted a population of 350, containing a barber shop, two beauty shops, and a cafe.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2015)|
Students living in Staples are zoned to schools in the San Marcos Consolidated Independent School District.
- The Official Web Site of the City of Staples, Texas
- History of Staples, Texas
- Geographic Names Information System
- "Voters in Staples opt to become new city". Seguin Gazette-Enterprise. 2008-05-10. Retrieved 2008-06-01.
- "May 10, 2008 Staples Election" (PDF). Guadalupe County, Texas Elections Office. 2008-05-19. Retrieved 2008-06-01.[dead link]
- "Welcome to the city of Staples?". Seguin Gazette-Enterprise. 2008-02-29. Retrieved 2008-06-01.
- "First council for new city looking forward". Seguin Gazette-Enterprise. 2008-11-06. Retrieved 2008-11-12.
- "November 4, 2008 Staples Special Election" (PDF). Guadalupe County, Texas Elections Office. 2008-11-05. Retrieved 2008-11-12.[dead link]
- Staples at TSHA Online
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|This article about a location in Guadalupe County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|