This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Staples Canada Headquarters in Richmond Hill, Ontario
|The Business Depot|
Staples Business Depot
|Headquarters||Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada|
Number of locations
|Products||Technology (Computers/Business Machines/Entertainment), Furniture, Office Supplies, Copy and Print Services, Tech Services, School Supplies, Legal Supplies, Facility Supplies, Medical Supplies|
|Revenue||US$ 13 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
Staples Canada Inc. (also known in Quebec as Bureau en Gros; formerly known as The Business Depot and later Staples Business Depot) is a Canadian office supply retail chain, part of the United States-based office supply company Staples Inc. The Canadian operation is headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
Staples remains one of the most profitable office supply chains in Canada, with larger share than its main rival Grand & Toy. It is the largest supplier of office supplies to small businesses and home office workers, either in store, online or by catalogue, with over 300 stores and five delivery centers.
The Business Depot Ltd. was founded by Jack Bingleman in 1991, with Staples as a substantial investor, opening Business Depot stores in Ontario and later Atlantic Canada and Bureau en Gros locations in Quebec. The American counterpart acquired 100% of the Canadian company in 1994. Around this time, the company began to open stores in Western Canada under the Staples: The Office Superstore label, like its U.S. counterpart.
The company later began converting locations in English-speaking markets to a combined brand, tested as Staples: The Business Depot and later rolled out as Staples Business Depot. This conversion was completed in 2001, with Quebec locations retaining Bureau en Gros.
In 2008, the company began shortening its name to "Staples" in English Canada to avoid confusion with rival Office Depot, to provide more commonality with its stores in the U.S. and overseas, and to reduce costs associated with Staples brand merchandise packaging that was made specifically for Canada. In Quebec, products that were previously rebranded Bureau en Gros now remain branded as Staples. This change was "soft launched"; Staples updated the logo as the company reordered supplies to reduce costs associated with a brand change. Older locations still retain the full Staples Business Depot signage. The Business Depot Ltd. remained the legal name of the main Canadian subsidiary until 2008, when the company's name was changed to Staples Canada, Inc.
In 2008, Staples, Inc. acquired Corporate Express, which now runs under the banner Staples Business Advantage, catering to larger corporations.
Since 2008, Staples Canada has acquired different companies - such as Chiswick, introducing industrial products to their selection. They have increased their focus on drop-shipping some products to be able to offer a wider selection of merchandise without needing to increase personal inventory or warehouse space.
David Boone was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Staples Canada ULC in January 2018. 
Staples Canada has their own private-label brand under the name "Staples" or "Sustainable Earth" for their eco-conscious lineup.
Stores are divided into the following departments:
- Office Supplies: pens, papers, folders, envelopes, binders and other basic office supply products
- Furniture: chairs, office desks, filing cabinets, banquet tables and accessories
- Technology: laptops, tablets, and desktop computers, printers, projectors, and other technology products such as calculators and cash registers
- Tech Services (Services de Solutien Tecnique in Quebec): repairs on both laptops and desktops, as well as installations, setups and networking. Warranty repairs are provided through a nearby warranty centre. Tech Services also offers in-home services such as network setup or a repair in your home.
- Print Services: full- and self-serve black and white and colour photocopying/printing, binding, booklet making, lamination, customer printing (business cards, letterheads, envelopes, etc.), Purolator shipping centre, and other document services; 24-hour services are available in some stores.
- Marketing: Partnered with one of the best online marketing companies in Canada, Webware.io, Staples provides full online marketing solutions including Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing
Staples also offers Extended Service and Furniture Protection Plans.
As of March 2013[update], Staples subscribed to the Air Miles loyalty program. The company previously had its own loyalty program called Dividends, under which members received gift certificates based on their spending in the previous quarter.
Annually, Staples customers donate more that $1.5 million to local non-profits through the Staples School Supply Drive 
As for Staples Print and Marketing services, business clients are provided the Business Discount Program where they receive 10-20% on print services 
Staples offers an in-store private-label credit card, the "Staples Card", in partnership with Desjardins Group. Personal, small business and commercial cards are available. Two credit limits exist for customers with these cards, a regular financing limit and an "Accord D" financing limit, which are combined in the total credit limit. The company previously offered private-label "Enterprise" credit cards in partnership with Citi Financial.