|Owner(s)||New Media Investment Group|
|Founder(s)||William H. Bernard|
|Founded||September 23, 1867|
|Headquarters||1003 S. 17th Street
Wilmington, North Carolina
StarNews is the daily newspaper for Wilmington, North Carolina, and its surrounding area (known as the Lower Cape Fear). It is North Carolina's oldest newspaper in continuous publication. It was owned by Halifax Media Group until 2015, when Halifax was acquired by New Media Investment Group.
The paper was originally published in September 23, 1867, as the Wilmington Evening Star by former Confederate Major William H. Bernard. Shortly after first publishing the paper, Bernard changed the paper to come out in the morning and changed the paper name to the Wilmington Morning Star.
- FAS-FAX Report - 9/30/2009 Audit Bureau of Circulations
- "Marker: D-75". North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program. North Carolina Office of Archives & History. Retrieved 29 February 2012.
- New Media Announces Agreement to Acquire Halifax Media Group for $280.0 Million
- Svanum, Ken (April 24, 2003). "New look to page; heritage remains". Star-News. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Svanum, Ken (April 24, 2003). "New look to page; heritage remains (text-only version)". StarNewsOnline.com. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
|This article about a North Carolina newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|