|Founder||Artem Berman, Anton Kolomyeytsev|
|Headquarters||Middleton, Massachusetts, U.S.|
StarWind Software, Inc. is a computer software company specializing in storage virtualization and building iSCSI, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), ATA-over-Ethernet (AoE) storage area networks SANs, and Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB3) network attached storage NASes as well. Primary use case covered is virtual machine (VM) storage for Hyper-V, VMware and Xen. In mid-2015 Company started offering combined software-hardware solution called "Hyper-Converged Appliance"  which is aggregation of Dell and SuperMicro servers, hypervisor from Microsoft and VMware, StarWind own storage virtualization software, Veeam Software VM backup and replication, VM management and so on.
StarWind Software is a privately held company which began in 2008 as a spin-off from Rocket Division Software, Ltd. (founded in 2003), with a round A of investment from ABRT Venture. In mid-April 2014 StarWind Software closed round B of investment from Almaz Capital and AVentures Capital. StarWind is headquartered in Middleton, Massachusetts, USA.
StarWind iSCSI SAN software had reviews such as ZDNet, OpenBench Labs, AnandTech, TechRepublic, and Microsoft TechNet. In 2009 StarWind Software won the Sprout Award from Everything Channel at XChange '09.
In December 2013 StarWind Software nearly won both "Storage Virtualization Product of the Year" and "Virtualization Management Product of the Year" titles from SVC Awards with Emulex LightPulse Gen 5 Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters by Emulex and Cisco UCS Director (formerly Cloupia) by Cisco products in front.
Late 2014 StarWind Software was a runner up for "Storage Virtualization Product of the Year" with Zert0 replication suite winning nomination.
- "Hyper-converged infrastructure systems deliver storage in a bundle". TechTarget.
- "ABRT Venture Fund Investment". Venture Deal.
- "Far from politics, Russian money still fuels US startups". RBTH.
- "StarWind Secures Funding for Hyper-V Software-Defined Storage Development". TheVARGuy.
- "AVentures Capital Invests in Ukrainian Startups Augmented Pixels and StarWind". GoalEurope.
- "Exchange 2007 SP1 SCC using Server 2008 StarWind iSCSI – Part 1". Elan Shudnow (MVP).
- "iSCSI on the Cheap". Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine.
- "StarWind Software claims "Zero to SAN in 30 Minutes"". ZDNet.
- "How to jumpstart SAN + LAN convergence". InfoStor.
- "Affordable storage for the SME". AnandTech.
- "Building a robust test-lab at home with virtualization". TechRepublic.
- "Network-based storage options for robust home labs". TechRepublic.
- "Toolbox: New Products for IT Professionals.". Microsoft TechNet.
- "8 Hot New Startups At XChange '09". CRN.
- SVCAwards (Dec 20, 2013). "SVCAwards 2013 Winners and Runners Up". Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- SVCAwards (Dec 25, 2014). "SVCAwards 2014 Winners and Runners Up". Retrieved 2014-12-25.