Star Black is a poet, photographer, and artist. She has authored six collections of poetry and currently teaches in the MFA program at Stony Brook Southampton.
She was recently published in The Paris Review, and has written three books of sonnets, a collection of double sestinas, and a book of collaged free verse. Her poems have been anthologized in The Penguin Book of the Sonnet, 110 Stories: New York Writers After September 11, and The Best American Erotic Poems: From 1880 to The Present. Her collages have been exhibited at Poets House and The Center for Book Arts, and published in One of a Kind: UniqueArtists Books by Pierre Menard Gallery.
- Velleity's Shade (poems), with art work by Bill Knott – (Saturnalia Books 2010)
- Ghostwood (sonnets) – (Melville House 2003)
- Balefire (poetry) – (Painted Leaf Press 1999)
- October for Idas (collaged free verse) – (Painted Leaf Press 1997)
- Waterworn (sonnets) – (A Gathering of the Tribes 1995)
- Double Time (double sestinas) – (Groundwater Press 1995)
- Stigmata Errata Electa, poems by Bill Knott, collages by Star Black - 2007
- "Paris Review - Twilit, Star Black". The Paris Review. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- "Stony Brook University - MFA in Creative Writing & Literature People". stonybrook.edu. Retrieved 2014-01-31.
- Interview in The Morning News
- Four Poems in The Awl
- Twilit in The Paris Review
- Poet's Eye Collage Exhibition at Poets House
- Glory in WashingtonArt
- Interview in The East Hampton Star
- Apexart Reading Series
- Poetryvlog Reading on YouTube
- Poetry Sunday: Star Black, Grown Up in Women Voices For Change
|This American poet–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|