|Multigroup Distribution Services, Discount Freight Express, Star Track Express|
|Founded||1974Dee Why, New South Wales, Australiain|
|Headquarters||Strawberry Hills, New South Wales, Australia|
|Greg Poche (founder)|
Third Party Logistics
Mail Call Couriers (by end 2016)
Number of employees
StarTrack was founded in 1974, as Multigroup Distribution Services in Dee Why, New South Wales and is now part of the Australia Post Group. In 1982, the name Discount Freight Express was adopted. The company currently has over 55 depots and agents nationally with their head office located in Strawberry Hills, New South Wales. The majority of the company's business is generated from express road freight, which accounts for around 90 percent of total reveune.
On 18 May 2011 it was announced the merger of the retail division of Australian air Express (AaE) with StarTrack. StarTrack will be a solely retail-focused business and AaE will focus solely on domestic air linehaul and cargo terminal operations. The changes follow a review of the businesses guided by AUX Investments, a company established in 2010 to guide the review and provide streamlined governance across the businesses.
Australia Post acquisition
On 7 May 2014, StarTrack was rebranded to include Australia Post post horn in the StarTrack blue colours. StarTrack also took responsibility of Australia Posts "Messenger Post couriers" under the StarTrack brand as "StarTrack Courier" 
In June 2014 Australia Post CEO Ahmed Fahour announced the company would be splitting into two arms, red and blue. Australia Post will continue to be represented by the traditional red logo under one arm which combines all retail and communication services. Post’s StarTrack business will be represented by replica blue logo and incorporate all of Post’s parcel and logistics operations. A dedicated fleet of six aircraft is operated by Qantas Freight for Australia Post and StarTrack from July 2016.
By end of 2016, Mail Call Couriers will be part of star track.
- "Qantas Press Release". Qantas. 19 December 2003. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "Australia Post Press Release". Australia Post. 18 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-06-17.
- "Australia Post to buy Qantas out of freight group StarTrack in $400 million deal". Herald Sun. Melbourne. 2 October 2012. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012.
- "Australia Post finalises StarTrack acquisition". Australia Post. 14 November 2012. Archived from the original on 21 November 2012.
- "Rebranding of 'Messenger Post couriers' to 'StarTrack Courier'". Australia Post. 7 May 2014. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- "Australia Post to split into two". Australia Post. 10 June 2014.
- "Qantas establishes dedicated freighter fleet for Australia Post". Australian Aviation. 2 May 2016.
- "Australia Post to form strategic alliance with global logistics leader - Australia Post Newsroom". auspost.newsroom.com.au. Retrieved 2016-06-02.