Star Trek/Green Lantern
|Star Trek/Green Lantern|
|Publication date||Series 1:|
July 2015 — December 2015
December 2016 — May 2017
|No. of issues||Series 1:|
|Main character(s)||Green Lantern|
|Written by||Mike Johnson|
The first series titled Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War was released between July and December 2015.
The second series titled Star Trek/Green Lantern: Stranger Worlds was released during December 2016 and May 2017.
The Spectrum War
In an alternate DC universe, the last Guardian, Ganthet, exercises his power to take one each of the remaining power rings to another universe in order to escape Nekron, the embodiment of death (seen in the Blackest Night series), who has destroyed almost all life in the universe.
In the Star Trek Kelvin Universe, the crew of the Enterprise discover the remains of Ganthet and the power rings on a rogue planet. They accidentally activate the power rings even as they come under attack by a squad of Klingon ships under the command of General Chang. The blue, indigo, and violet rings find new owners among the crew of the Enterprise (Chekov, McCoy, and Uhura, respectively), while the yellow ring finds a new home with Chang. The red and orange rings head into space, eventually finding owners with the son of the leader of the Gorn Hegemony and the Praetor of the Romulan Empire, respectively.
Hal Jordan arrives, wondering why Ganthet's body is on board the Enterprise, and not long after, Carol Ferris (Star Sapphire) and an injured Saint Walker arrive. Meanwhile, Sinestro, Larfleeze, and Atrocitus have also survived, and contact their respective color rings' new owners.
Battle ensues, and it is discovered that three other Green Lanterns -- John Stewart, Guy Gardner, and Kilowog, have survived the death of their universe, but what no one has counted on is that Nekron has also made his way to the new universe, and is determined to slaughter it as he did his own, and starts by restoring the destroyed planet Vulcan, and making Black Lanterns out of the populace.
Ultimately, Nekron is defeated by combining the ring energies. Sinestro, Atrocitus, and Larfleeze escape. The Green Lanterns, as well as Star Sapphire and Saint Walker, either join the crew of the Enterprise, or venture to the Earth of the Star Trek Kelvin universe.
Strange New Worlds
The last green lanterns are dying without a power battery. In response to a distress call from Blue Lantern Saint Walker, GL Hal Jordan, and the U.S.S Enterprise arrive and find a Manhunter but are confronted by Sinestro. Captain Kirk believes the Planet Oa might exist in the Star Trek reality but are attacked by Manhunters. Meanwhile John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kilowog investigate an ambush by Atrocitus at a Starfleet base. Khan kills and steals Atrocitus' ring and becomes a red lantern
Sinestro reaches Planet Oa and frees the yellow light entity from the Green Power Battery. Khan forms his new Augments having escaped Starfleet custody and arrives at the Klingon planet to conquer it. The U.S.S Enterprise and GLs try to stop Khan and Sinestro.
Sinestro invades Oa and frees the Yellow light entity from the Power Battery. The Enterprise with the Green Lanterns try to stop Sinestro but the lanterns have lost their power. James Kirk gains gets a power ring to save the other lanterns.
- "Interview: Star Trek/Green Lantern writer Mike Johnson". 10 July 2015. Archived from the original on 17 September 2016. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "WC15: IDW and DC Team-Up for". Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "STAR TREK & GREEN LANTERN Crossover ... No, Really". Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "23 Retailer Exclusive Covers To Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War". 9 June 2015. Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- Narcisse, Evan. "There's Going to Be a Star Trek/Green Lantern Comics Crossover This July". Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- Times, Tech (6 April 2015). "IDW's Star Trek Comic Teams Up With DC's Green Lantern This July". Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- Schedeen, Jesse (8 July 2015). "Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War #1 Review". Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Star Trek/Green Lantern: The Spectrum War #1". Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "In Review: Star Trek/Green Lantern: Stranger Worlds #1". Retrieved 20 January 2017.
- "Best Shots Rapid Fire Reviews: BATMAN #13, STAR TREK / GREEN LANTERN #1, IRON MAN #2, More". Retrieved 20 January 2017.