Star Trek: Stargazer
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Author||Michael Jan Friedman|
|No. of books||6|
Star Trek: Stargazer is a series of Star Trek novels written by Michael Jan Friedman. The novels are about the adventures of the USS Stargazer (NCC-2893), which was Jean-Luc Picard's first command. While not official canon, these stories can be viewed as a prequel to the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation.
Chronologically, this series is followed by the Lost Era Picard novel The Buried Age.
Main characters in the Stargazer crew include:
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the Stargazer
- Lieutenant Commander Gilaad Ben Zoma, first officer
- Lieutenant Commander Jack Crusher, second officer (until his death)
- Lieutenant Commander Elizabeth Wu, second officer
- Lieutenant Gerda Asmund, navigator
- Lieutenant Idun Asmund, helm officer
- Lieutenant Nol Kastiigan, science officer. He is a Kandilkari and was assigned to the Stargazer to replace the previous chief science officer, Juanita Valderrama, who had been dismissed because of unethical behaviour.
- Ensign Cole Paris, helm officer. Assigned on board the Stargazer after Ensign Joe Caber was dismissed, and replaced Caber as Ensign Andreas Nikolas's roommate. Uncle of Tom Paris.
- Dikembe Ulelo, communications officer. Replaced by an alien shapeshifter who spied on the activities of USS Stargazer. The alien was discovered and Ulelo found and reunited with the crew.
- Lieutenant Vigo, chief weapons officer
- Lieutenant Phigus Simenon, chief engineer. The crew assisted Simenon with his mating ritual on his home planet.
- Lieutenant Bill Refsland, transporter operator
- Lieutenant Peter Joseph, security chief
- Lieutenant Obal, security guard
- Ensign Andreas Nikolas, security guard. He is somewhat laid-back and not too devoted to his job. He has a way of arriving at assignments and meetings at the last minute, which has earned him the nickname "Nik of time".
- Crewperson Emily Bender, science officer
- Ensign Jiterica, science officer. Jiterica's natural form is a cloud of mist, and she has to constantly wear a heavy, awkward containment suit to facilitate interaction with the Stargazer and fellow crewmembers. Even the face shown in the suit's helmet and her voice are artificial, generated by a portable computer.
- Carter Greyhorse, chief medical officer
|1||Gauntlet||Michael Jan Friedman||30 April 2002||0-7434-2792-0|
|3||Three||29 July 2003||0-7434-4852-9|
|4||Oblivion||26 August 2003||0-7434-4854-5|
|5||Enigma||27 July 2004||0-7434-4856-1|
|6||Maker||31 August 2004||0-7434-4858-8|
Pantheon (2003) is an omnibus of Reunion and The Valiant, published as part of the Signature Edition series.
|Reunion||Michael Jan Friedman||November 1991||0-671-74808-4|
|The Valiant||April 2000||0-671-77522-7|
|Pantheon (omnibus)||16 September 2003||0-7434-8511-4|