Star Wars: Pit Droids
|Star Wars: Pit Droids|
|Platform(s)||iPad, iPhone, Macintosh, Windows|
The player manoeuvres the pit droids through a series of puzzles such as road blocks and junk heaps. Players can also create their own droids and trade them online with other gamers.
Matt Diamond of Inside Mac Games praised the puzzle, variable difficulty, graphics, and music. Jeux Mac compared the game to Lemmings, and said it would appeal to contemplative gamers. Brad Cook of All Game Guide complimented its detailed graphics, intricate gameplay, and jazzy soundtrack. Just Adventure's Ray Ivey liked the aesthetic quality of the game manual. The Scotsman said the game was very playable for a TV-tie in and offered educational opportunities. IGN gave the game a rating of 7.5. The Boston Herald thought the game offered an interesting test of children's logical abilities. The Boston Globe thought it was a standout in the children's software genre, mentioning its animation, sound effects, and tutorial. CVG said the game was easy to play, but added that its overly simple concept reduced its replayability.
Pit Droids won Computer Games Strategy Plus's 1999 "Classic Game of the Year" award. The editors wrote, "[T]his game is not only mind-bogglingly fun for puzzle fans of all ages, it is also solid, well-designed, addictive, attractive, and arguably the year’s best use of the Star Wars Episode I license."
- "My droids are smarter than yours.(WHAT'S NEW)". 1999-08-01. Archived from the original on 2018-11-16.
- "Inside Mac Games Review: Star Wars Episode I: Pit Droids". www.insidemacgames.com. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- JeuxMac.com, (C) 1999-2003 by. "JeuxMac.com: Toute l'actualité ludique du Mac, news, tests, previews". tests.jeuxmac.com. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "Star Wars: Pit Droids - Review - allgame". 2014-11-16. Archived from the original on 2014-11-16. Retrieved 2017-02-20.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Review: Pit Droids". 2001-07-21. Archived from the original on 2001-07-21. Retrieved 2017-02-20.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- "Pit your wits against the movie hype master Multimedia Review". 2000-01-10. Archived from the original on 2018-11-20.
- "Star Wars: Pit Droids (PC)". IGN. Retrieved 2017-02-20.
- "New titles help kids become math-literate.(Arts and Lifestyle)". 2002-01-13. Archived from the original on 2018-11-19.
- "KIDS' SOFTWARE FROM GEMS TO JUNK BEST OF NEW PROGRAMS CHALLENGE AND INSTRUCT CHILDREN'S SOFTWARE BEST OF NEW PROGRAMS TEACH YOUNG". 1999-12-12. Archived from the original on 2017-06-08.
- "PC Review: Pit Droids - ComputerAndVideoGames.com". 2007-01-18. Archived from the original on 2007-01-18. Retrieved 2017-02-20.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Staff (March 6, 2000). "The Computer Games Awards; The Best Games of 1999". Computer Games Strategy Plus. Archived from the original on March 24, 2005.