Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes
|Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes|
LucasArts Singapore (DS)
|Release||October 6, 2009|
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes is a third-person action-adventure video game developed by Krome Studios, published by LucasArts, and released for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PSP and PlayStation 2 (the latter being only released in the United States). A Nintendo DS version developed by LucasArts Singapore was also released. The game is a tie-in to The Clone Wars television series and was released on October 6, 2009.
A brand-new storyline takes the player on a multi-faceted adventure to stop a mysterious techno assassin's destructive plot. The game takes place between Season 1 and Season 2 of the television series. The game's primary antagonists are bounty hunter Cad Bane, Skakoan mercenary Kul Teska and Sith Lord Count Dooku along with his apprentice Asajj Ventress.
The game allows players to play as Jedi Knights, clone troopers and other characters, and contains 40 missions. The gameplay changes on certain missions. On missions with Jedi characters, it is platforming based. On missions with Clone characters, it is third-person shooting based. The game has a similar visual look to the series on what it is based. The feel of the game is similar to LucasArts' 2005 video game, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars The Force Unleashed, and the LEGO Star Wars series. The game also features a drop in/drop out co-op mode. A fixed camera angle is used in the game. 
Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes scored generally negative reviews. Chris Roper of IGN gave the game a 4.8/10, starting his review by saying, "The first thing you'll notice is that pretty much regardless of which system you play it on, it looks rather terrible." Roper then goes on to say "About five seconds after you notice how bad it looks, you'll realize that the game's platforming elements are unresponsive and oftentimes frustrating." He closed his review stating that "Unless you or your kids want to play as Jedi or clone troopers just for the sake of doing so, then there's really nothing here that'll keep anyone, young or old, interested for very long." Roper recommends playing a Lego Star Wars game instead. The game was also criticized on the fixed camera view.
- "Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Comes to the Rescue This September". LucasArts Entertainment Company. May 11, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- "New Star Wars Wii Game Incoming". Official Nintendo Magazine. May 11, 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- Berardini, Cesar (May 11, 2009). "Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Announced". Team Xbox. Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- Nunneley, Stephen (May 9, 2009). "Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes announced, trailered". VG247. Retrieved 2009-05-16.
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes Wiki Guide - IGN". Guides.ign.com. 2013-04-22. Retrieved 2016-12-19.
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes Review - IGN". Ps2.ign.com. 2009-10-06. Retrieved 2016-12-19.
- "Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2016-12-19.