Star Wars Battle Pod
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Star Wars Battle Pod|
|Developer(s)||Bandai Namco Games|
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Games|
|Engine||Unreal Engine 3|
|Release||October 8, 2014|
|Arcade system||System ES3|
The game consists of multiple scenarios that correspond with major battles in the original trilogy. There are six scenarios:
- The Battle of Yavin (Yavin) from Star Wars where the player is placed in an X-wing attacking the Death Star to prevent it from destroying Yavin 4.
- The Battle of Hoth (Hoth) from The Empire Strikes Back where the player pilots a snowspeeder to assist in the evacuation of Hoth from invading Imperial forces.
- A speeder run through Endor (Endor) where the player helps Han Solo make it to the shield generator to destroy the Death Star's shield for the Rebels in space.
- The Battle of Endor (Death Star II) from Return of the Jedi, which places the player in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon to try to destroy the Death Star II and end the war.
- There is one scenario that does not follow the storyline of the movies but sets its own path (Vader's Revenge). This scenario takes place immediately after the destruction of the first Death Star where the player plays as Darth Vader who is trying to prevent the Rebels from escaping with a piece of the Death Star with the ability to eliminate Han Solo in the process.
- Another version of the game adds a scene from The Force Awakens, where the player pilots a T-70 X-Wing to engage First Order ships on Takodana and protect General Leia's transport.
- "Interview: Kazushi Imoto, Lead Producer for Bandai Namco Amusements' Star Wars Battle Pod". Arcade Heroes. 2015-01-19. Retrieved 2015-11-09.
The game actually uses Unreal Engine 3CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Amanda Kooser (2014-10-14). "The arcade strikes back with Star Wars: Battle Pod". CNET. Retrieved 2015-11-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Brian Crecente (2014-10-13). "Star Wars Battle Pod shows that arcades aren't dead, they're just very different". Polygon. Retrieved 2015-11-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)