Star Wars Launch Bay
|Star Wars Launch Bay|
|Opening date||November 16, 2015|
|Replaced||Carousel of Progress|
|Disney's Hollywood Studios|
|Opening date||December 4, 2015|
|Replaced||The Magic of Disney Animation|
|Shanghai Disneyland Park|
|Name||Star Wars Launch Bay|
|Soft opening date||May 7, 2016|
|Opening date||June 16, 2016|
|Closing date||June 2019|
|Designer||Walt Disney Imagineering|
|Sponsor||Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
Closed captioning available
Star Wars Launch Bay is an interactive walkthrough attraction based on Star Wars franchise at Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort, Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort, and formerly at Shanghai Disneyland Park.
The attraction for Disneyland Resort and Disney's Hollywood Studios was announced at D23 Expo 2015 on August 15, 2015 at the Disney Parks Presentation along with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge has two attractions, Star Wars: Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance the Season of the Force events at each park, and an updated scene for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. The attraction opened at each park at the start of their respective Season of the Force events, which was November 16, 2015 for Disneyland and December 1, 2015 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The Orlando version was temporarily closed on March 13, 2020 and the building is being used as a "Relaxation Station" to allow guests to safely remove facial coverings while remaining physically distanced. The Shanghai Version opened on June 16, 2016 and closed June 2019.
- "Live Updates from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Presentation at 2015 D23 EXPO". Disney Parks Blog.
- "Details on Season of the Force, Coming November 16 to Disneyland Park in California". Disney Parks Blog.
- "New Star Wars Offerings Land At Disney's Hollywood Studios". Disney Parks Blog.
- Bevil, Dewayne (December 1, 2015). "Star Wars Launch Bay finds fans quickly at Disney". OrlandoSentinel.com.
- "PHOTOS: Star Wars Launch Bay Becomes a Mask-Free 'Relaxation Station' in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Visitors can still walk around inside the building and view Star Wars art, costumes and props". WDWNT.com. July 15, 2020.