Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk|
|Studio album (Tribute album) by Meco|
|Genre||Disco, space disco, film score, orchestral pop, funk, jazz|
|Producer||Meco, Harold Wheeler, Tony Bongiovi|
Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk is a disco album by Meco released in 1977. The album uses various musical themes from the Star Wars soundtrack arranged as instrumental disco music. A single from the album, "Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band", reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on October 1, 1977, holding to that position for two weeks.
- Star Wars (15:49) LP side 1
- "Title Theme"
- "Imperial Attack"
- "The Desert & the Robot Auction"
- "The Princess Appears"
- "The Land of the Sand People"
- "Princess Leia's Theme"
- "Cantina Band"
- "The Last Battle"
- "The Throne Room & End Title"
- Other Galactic Funk (12:31) LP side 2
- "Other" (4:07)
- "Galactic" (5:02)
- "Funk" (3:21)
- "Star Wars Theme – Cantina Band" (7" edit) (3:32) - bonus track on CD only
- "Star Wars Theme – Cantina Band" (12" disco mix) (7:34) - bonus track on CD only
LP Side 1 / CD Tracks 1, 3 and 4 - Composer: John Williams
- Drasan Thims (Sandra Smith), Harold Wheeler, Pat Rebillot: Keyboards
- Suzanne Ciani: Special Musical and Sound Effects (as created on a Buchla synthesizer)
- Tony Bongiovi: Studio tape effects, guitars
- Cliff Morris, David Spinozza, John Tropea, Lamer Murhab, Lance Quinn, Simm Tenaj: Guitars
- Neil Jason, Bob Walters, Will Lee: Bass
- Allan Schwartzberg, Dor McBrene, Jimmy Young: Drums
- Anthony Eversley, Dave Carey, John Purcell, Kendall Turner, Kirk Parson, Nor Thornaring, Meco, Rubens Bassini, Solomon Smith, Thomas Simons, Timothy Thompson, Vincent Lilly: Percussion
- Jon Faddis, Alan Rubin, Lew Soloff & Randy Brecker: Trumpets
|US Pop||US R&B|
|Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk||(1977)||13||8|
|US R&B||US Dance||US Pop||UK Pop|
|1977||"Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band"||8||6||1
(October 1, 1977)
- Recorded at MZH Studio in New York, New York.
- Electronic musical effects were created on a Buchla synthesizer by Suzanne Ciani.
- "Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk (Meco)". Retrieved 2016-02-28.
- Allmusic link with chart positions.
|This Star Wars-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|