Starfield COEX Mall
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Starfield COEX Mall|
|Revised Romanization||Koekseu Mol|
Starfield COEX Mall (formerly known as COEX Mall), containing COnvention centers, EXhibition halls and many malls, is an underground shopping mall in Gangnam-gu Seoul, South Korea. It has an area of about 154,000 square metres, of which 144,000 square meters are on a single underground floor, making it the world's largest underground shopping mall. The mall is located at Samseong-dong served by Samseong Station on Seoul Metro Line 2, at the intersection of Teheranno and Yeongdong Dae-ro. The COEX Mall is adjacent to the COEX Convention & Exhibition Center, which is part of the COEX complex, run by the Korea International Trade Association (KITA).
Along with hundreds of shops, the mall houses two food courts, MegaBox, COEX Aquarium and a large bookstore, but the Kimchi Fields Museum has moved to Insadong. It features a game area that is used to film computer game tournaments, which are broadcast on local television. There are stages inside and outside the mall for seasonal events and public appearances by celebrities. Millennium Square is the main exit of COEX Mall connecting with Line 2's Samseong Station.
COEX complex full renovation was completed on 27 November 2014.
The Coex Mall is located at Seoul Gangnam-gu Yeongdong-daero 513(Samseong dong). This mall is connected the Samseong Station on Seoul Metro Line 2 and Bongeunsa Station on Seoul Metro Line 9. Also, there is Chungdahm Station Line 7 next to Coex mall. There is World Trade Center Seoul next to it.
- name : Starfield Coex Mall
- address : Korea, Seoul Gangnam-gu Yeongdong-daero 513
- Tel : +82-2-6002-5300
- Total surface area : 165,000㎡
- Shops : Retail 204, Food & Beverage 91, Others 4
- Hours of operation : 10:30-22:00, open year round (excluding some shops)
- Square : a total of five plazas (Millennium, Central, Live, ASEM, and Airport)
- Opening Date : 3 May 2000
- Management : Korean International Trade association
- Parking : 4,000 parking spaces (B2-B4)
- Bus transport : B 146, 301, 342, 362, 401 / G 2415, 327, 3411, 3412, 3414, 3418 / L 6006 / 마 강남 01
- Subway transport : Line 2 (Samsung), Line 7 (Chungdahm), Line 9(Bongeunsa)
5 Main Plaza
The focal point of COEX Mall and the epitome of elegance
In an amazing space composed of pavilions, crystal ceilings symbolic of clouds create a sense of openness based on the concept of an unfolding sky.
a nexus for new culture that brings together diverse groups of people through communication and co-existence
A key cultural space of COEX Mall, the plaza connects with the bus transfer center, thus offering convenient transportation and access to regular events and performances held at the staircase venue.
A hub for the latest trends
COEX Mall provides a center for leading-edge culture at the COEX Artium, which presents SM Entertainment’s latest Korean Wave offerings, all with great transportation and accessibility through Subway line 2.
A romantic place for leisurely dining over casual conversation
This great dining destination connects with Subway line 9 and is illuminated naturally by the open sky.
An attraction for savvy stylists who love to travel
Composed of a shopping area as well as cafes for relaxation, the area offers direct connection to the city airport terminal for the convenience of businessmen and travelers. 
The mall was originally developed by investments from the Korea International Trade Association. COEX Mall was designed by the US interior design company R T K L. COEX Mall was also designed by Gensler, a globally acclaimed architecture firm, under the theme "Unfolding Sky," hallmarking seamless flow and openness. Construction of the mall began on May, 1997. It took three years and 140,000,000,000 won (150,000,000 US dollars). Construction was completed in April, 2000 subsequently opening for business.
COEX Mall renovation
In May, 2012, KITA (Korea International Trade Association) announced major renovation plans for the mall. It will spend ₩180 billion to the upgrade project. The renovation is needed to create passenger walkways between the new Bongeunsa Station on Seoul Subway Line 9, due for completion in 2014, with Samseong Station on Line 2. It was scheduled to start at the end of 2012 and complete by November, 2014. The floor space is expected to increased to 173,025 square metres (206,936 square yards) from its current 152,116 square metres (181,929 square yards).
The COEX complex full renovation was completed on 27 November, 2014.
- E-books that can be viewed on the iPad, and a magazine section that specializes in 600 magazines, especially foreign magazines. In addition to this, various cultural events will be held, including a talk show with the authors, a lecture inviting the intellectuals and personalities of the time, and a book concert with music.
- COEX Mall Seoul Metropolitan Government
- COEX MALL website
- COEX MALL website
- COEX MALL website
- 동양최대 지하쇼핑몰 '코엑스몰' 3일 개관 , 매일 경제
- "COEX Mall to get a major expansion by 2014". Joongang Daily. 16 May 2012. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- "별마당 도서관 | 스타필드 코엑스몰". www.starfield.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved 2018-05-04.