Starfleet Wars, a space battle game by Superior Models, Inc. featuring five races: Terrans, Entomalians, Avarians, Aquarians and Carnivorans. It was sold to Gamemasters in 1997, and then was off the market until Monday Knight Productions re-introduced it. Introduced in 1978 and designed by Wayne Smith and Ron Spicer, Starfleet Wars was a dice-rolling simultaneous-action spaceship war game with miniature lead figures.
The Opposing Forces
There are five different races, each with their own unique fleets of starships.
- Terran Transolar Federation Navy (TTFN) was manned by the human race
- Entomolian Imperial Fleet (EIF) was made up of insects
- Carnivorian Republic Star Forces (CRSF) were the race of big cats
- Aquarian Alliance Stellar Forces (AASF) came from the seas, such as fish and sharks
- Avarian United Worlds Navy (AUWN) flew in from the air as different types of birds
Lead figure miniatures of each ship in the five different fleets are available to supplement game play. These were made in 1:9600 scale with some latitude built in for the small fighters that would otherwise be to small to model.
Starfleet Wars was purchased by Monday Knight Productions, and re-released under the name Galactic Knights to avoid confusion with the Star Trek franchise.
- A Site Devoted Solely to the Universe of Starfleet Wars
- Latest Information on Galactic Knights from Star Ranger's Starship Combat News
- Starfleet Wars from the Wayback Machine
- Belle Haven Pewter Starfleet Wars Collections from Armik's Fine Collectibles
- Galactic Knights Rules, Accessories, and Space Fleets from The Panzer Depot
- Galactic Knights Rules and Miniatures from Noble Knight Games
- Index of Superior Models Starfleet Wars Spaceships
- Miniature figure (gaming)
- Miniature wargaming
- List of board wargames
- 1978 in games
- "Starfleet Wars (Superior)". History of the game Starfleet Wars. Lost Minis Wiki. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "Starfleet Wars (1978)". Details and facts about the game, including photos. Board Game Geek. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "List of Fleets". List of Galactic Knights ships and forces. Monday Knight Productions. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
- "Starfleet Wars Scale". A three-part series on the scale of ships and fighters. Super Galactic Dreadnought. Retrieved 22 April 2011.
|This wargame-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|