|First appearance||Avengers #346 (April 1992)|
|Created by||Bob Harras (writer)|
Steve Epting (artist)
|Type of organization||Team|
Ronan the Accuser
Korath the Pursuer
The Starforce are a fictional supervillain team appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. Its original appearance was in the comic Avengers #346 released in 1992, as part of the "Operation: Galactic Storm" storyline. The team are a Kree team of super-powered individuals brought together by the Supreme Intelligence.
Starforce first appeared in Avengers #346 (April 1992), created by writer Bob Harras and artist Steve Epting. The team debuted during the storyline Operation Galactic Storm and played a major role in the Kree-based part of the story. Following the outcome of that story, now under the control of the Shi'ar, they confronted Quasar, Her and Makkari who had travelled to the Kree homeworld to see if they can help survivors.
The initial team was:
After her capture, the Shi'ar noblewoman Deathbird joined them and then led the team following the destruction of the Kree when she was placed in charge of the former Kree empire.
In other media
The Starforce appears in the 2019 film Captain Marvel. Vers, Korath, Minn-Erva, Att-Lass, and Bron-Char make up the team and are led by Yon-Rogg. The group is first seen going to the planet Torfa to rescue a Kree scout named Soh-Larr. This leads to a Skrull ambush led by Talos which results in Vers getting captured. When Vers escapes to Earth and makes contact with Yon-Rogg, Starforce heads to Earth. Following a parley with Talos and the discovery of the Skrull refugees that Mar-Vell hid, Starforce arrives and takes the Skrulls, Nick Fury, Maria Rambeau, and Goose prisoner, while Vers, in her regained identity of Carol Danvers, is placed in a transmission with the Supreme Intelligence. After breaking free and overheating the implant that limited her abilities, Carol Danvers fights Starforce and the Kree soldiers with them to rescue Nick Fury, Maria Rambeau, and the Skrulls which results in most of the antagonizing Kree either being killed or incapacitated.
- Quasar #35
- Whitbrook, James (September 10, 2018). "A Guide to Starforce, Captain Marvel's Kree Superteam". io9. Archived from the original on January 17, 2019. Retrieved June 28, 2019.
- Cronin, Brian (September 5, 2018). "Captain Marvel Movie's Starforce, Explained". Comic Book Resources. Archived from the original on June 28, 2019.
- Blackwulf #7–8 (December 1994 – January 1995)
- Annihilation: Ronan #1
- Coggan, Devan (September 5, 2018). "Brie Larson takes flight as Captain Marvel on this week's EW cover". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 6, 2018.
- Coggan, Devan (September 5, 2018). "See 10 exclusive images from Captain Marvel". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 6, 2018.