Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Starling or starling in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Starling is a family of birds.
Starling may also refer to:
- Starling Bank, commonly referred to as 'Starling'.
- Starling, Greater Manchester, a settlement in the Metropolitan Borough of Bury, England
Arts, entertainment, and media
- Starling, a member of the Birds of Prey in DC Comics
- Starling, a fictional character in the animated television show Storm Hawks
- Clarice Starling, the heroine of the novel Silence of the Lambs, and of the films The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal
- Juliet, Cordelia, and Rosalind Starling, from Suda 51's hack-and-slash zombie game Lollipop Chainsaw
- The Starlings, 1990s alternative rock band
- The Starlings, a coloratura soprano duo from the 1930–40s
Other arts, entertainment, and media
- Starlings (TV series), a British comedy drama airing on Sky1
- Jim Starling, a series of novels for children written by Edmund Wallace Hildick
Computing and technology
- Starling (software), a light-weight persistent queue server that speaks the MemCache protocol
- STARLING, a macrocomparativistical etymological online database established by Sergei Starostin
- Starling Framework, an open source framework for ActionScript development
- Starling (architecture), a defensive bulwark, usually built with pilings or bricks, surrounding the supports (or piers) of a bridge or similar construction; can also be spelt sterling
- Starling (structure), the supports (or piers) of a bridge
- Armstrong Whitworth Starling, a 1920s British fighter aircraft
- Frank–Starling law of the heart, identified by British physiologist Ernest Starling
- Starling Equation, an equation that illustrates the role of hydrostatic and oncotic forces (the so-called Starling forces) in the movement of fluid across capillary membranes
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Starling.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.