|Industry||Autonomous Robotics (robotics, manufacturing, logistics|
Starsky Robotics is an autonomous truck company founded by Stefan Seltz-Axmacher and Kartik Tiwari. It provides an end-to-end solution that enables trucks to drive without a person in the vehicle. The company has raised $21.7 million to date. Shasta Ventures, Y Combinator, Sam Altman, Trucks.vc, 9Point Ventures, 50 Years and others have invested in various rounds of funding. Starsky Robotics has successfully tested a fully unmanned truck in Florida.
In 2017, Starsky Robotics announced that it had raised $5 million from Y Combinator, Sam Altman, Trucks VC, and Data Collective to create an autonomous trucking company. In 2018, company closed a $16.5 million Series A, led by Shasta Ventures.
In February 2018, Starsky Robotics completed a 7-mile fully driverless trip in Florida without a single human in the truck. Starsky is the first company to publicly test an empty cabin for autonomous trucks.
The company develops proprietary technology that allows drivers to remotely pilot trucks from a central headquarters. The company has successfully completed full deliveries with 85% autonomy. Starsky Robotics’ system solves the issue of final-mile delivery by removing drivers from the cab entirely and putting them in an office where they can remotely operate the truck from terminal to delivery.
- "These Truckers Work Alongside the Coders Trying to Eliminate Their Jobs". Bloomberg.com. 2017-06-22. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "Starsky Robotics raises a $16.5 million Series A for its self-driving trucks – TechCrunch". techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- "Starsky Robotics Unleashes Its Truly Driverless Truck in Florida". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- McFarland, Matt. "Pull over, Uber. This self-driving truck is driving with no one on board". CNNMoney. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
- Etherington, Darrell. "Starsky Robotics' autonomous transport trucks also give drivers remote control". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- Lienert, Paul (February 28, 2017). "Starsky Robotics sees 'last mile' solution for driverless trucks". Reuters. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- Roy, Alex. "Starsky Robotics Unveils a Self-Driving Truck That Could Kill Uber Subsidiary Otto". The Drive. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "This Driverless Truck Startup Is Putting Human Drivers to Work". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "Truck completes fully autonomous route without driver in cab". www.ccjdigital.com. Retrieved 2018-06-01.
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|