|Hosted by||Alex Blumberg and Lisa Chow|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||93|
|Original release||2014 – Current|
|Ratings||1,000,000 (roughly, per month)|
StartUp is an American podcast from Gimlet Media hosted by Alex Blumberg and Lisa Chow. While the first two seasons follow stories of starting businesses – Season 1 about the starting of Gimlet Media itself, and Season 2, a dating company called "Dating Ring" – the third season follows one business per episode.
The first episode was released on September 5, 2014, featuring Alex Blumberg pitching his company to venture investor Chris Sacca. As of February 2015, the podcast received roughly 1,000,000 listens per month.
Alex, Inc., a sitcom based on the podcast, premiered on ABC on March 28, 2018. The series stars Zach Braff, with Blumberg serving as an executive producer. The series was cancelled after a single season.
- "» StartUp". Gimlet Media. Retrieved 2016-09-02.
- "Why these founders are airing their dating startup's dirty laundry on a podcast". Fortune. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "» How Not to Pitch a Billionaire". Gimlet Media. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Raptopoulos, Lilah. "Listen to StartUp, a podcast about starting a podcast startup". the Guardian. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Bloomgarden-Smoke, Kara (February 27, 2015). "Can Former Planet Money Host Build the 'HBO of Podcasts'?". Observer. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2018-01-08). "ABC Slates Midseason Premiere Dates For 'Grey's Anatomy' Spinoff, 'For the People' & More, Sets 'American Idol' Air Pattern". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- Harp, Justin (17 May 2017). "Scrubs' Zach Braff is back to inspire you in first trailer for ABC's Alex, Inc". Digital Spy.
- Andreeva, Nellie (11 May 2017). "Zach Braff Comedy Pilot Gets Series Order At ABC". Deadline.com.
- Turchiano, Danielle (2018-05-11). "'Alex Inc' Canceled by ABC After One Season". Variety. Retrieved 2018-07-18.