Startups.co.uk is a UK business advice website, estimated at having 4.8m readers.. It was launched in 2000 by David Lester, who formerly founded the video game development company Impressions Games (responsible for the game Caesar) before selling it to Sierra Entertainment.
In 2017, City AM recorded that the small business website had been bought for nearly £1m by MVF, a customer generation and online acquisition specialist that in 2013 had topped the Sunday Times Tech Track.
As an online business resource, the company has been noted for publishing an annual report of ‘best business’ ideas since at least 2014. TRT World featured its editorial director speaking on start-up trends in a roundtable in 2019.
Startups.co.uk also (since 2008) publishes an annual list called Startups 100 ranking the UK’s 'hottest startups', taking into account factors such as growth potential as well as product ingenuity.
- "One of UK's fastest-growing companies just bought Startups.co.uk for nearly £1m". City AM. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "Britain gets down to business". The Guardian. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "Who wants to be a millionaire?". Watford Observer. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "These are the top business ideas for 2017". Stylist. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "Top 14 new start-up trends for 2014". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "Start-up revolution: get rich quick?". TRT World. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "Top 10 startups of 2017 you won't want to miss". The Independent. Retrieved 2019-01-13.
- "2017 winners". British Media Awards. Retrieved 2019-01-13.