|Headquarters||Burbank, California, USA|
|Chris Albrecht, CEO|
Starz Distribution (previously IDT Entertainment and Starz Media) is the motion picture, animation, television, and home video operating unit of Starz Inc. Starz Distribution develops, produces, and acquires original programming content (Starz and AMC), feature films (The Weinstein Company, Anchor Bay Films), anime (Manga Entertainment) and other filmed entertainment. Distribution methods include DVD, digital formats and traditional television.
In May 2004, IDT Entertainment purchased a minority share in POW! Entertainment with exclusive distribution rights to POW's animated DVD properties and joint development of 6 cartoon films. On May 16, 2006, IDT agreed to sell its IDT Entertainment division to Liberty Media "for all of Liberty Media's interests in IDT, $186 million in cash and the assumption of existing indebtedness." On August 31, 2006, the sale of all of IDT Entertainment's US operations and several international operations was completed. "The remainder of the deal, to include the Canadian and Australian operations, is expected to be closed in the next few weeks after regulatory approval has been given." This sale was completed on September 29, 2006. On January 4, 2011, Starz, LLC agreed to sell 25% of Starz Media to The Weinstein Company. On January 11, 2013, Liberty Media Corporation completed the "spin-off" of its Starz Entertainment segment as a separate entity. Under this new structure, the entity that was known as "Starz Media" became Starz Distribution. Starz bought back the Weinstein stake in October 2015.
Starz Distribution's subsidiaries include:
- Anchor Bay Entertainment - distribution division for DVDs and videos.
- Digital Production Solutions (DPS)
- Global Animation Studio - a division of DPS.
- DKP Studios - ownership interest - 3-D animation, and special effects production.
- Starz Media Sales
- Manga Entertainment - distribution of anime.
- Jericho (2001)
- It Waits (2006)
- Room 6 (2006)
- Queen Sized (2008)
- Lower Learning (2008)
- Blue Seduction (2009)
- Table for Three (2009)
- The Dog Who Saved Christmas (2009)
- A Nanny for Christmas (2010)
- The Dog Who Saved Christmas Vacation (2010)
- Bolden! (2011) (distributor only; produced by Lionsgate Films)
- The Dog Who Saved Halloween (2011)
Starz Distribution/IDT Entertainment have been in charge of the animation production or distribution of the following films:
- Hair High (2004; with Plymptoons) (distribution only)
- Everyone's Hero (2006; with 20th Century Fox)
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie (2008; with Big Idea Productions & Universal Pictures)(distribution only)
- Space Chimps (2008; with Vanguard Animation & 20th Century Fox)(distribution only)
- Gnomeo & Juliet (2011; with Touchstone Pictures)
- Hellboy: Sword of Storms (2006; with Revolution Studios)
- Stan Lee Presents: Mosaic (2007; with POW Entertainment & Anchor Bay)
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009; with Film Roman, Carbunckle Cartoons, and Anchor Bay Films)
- Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic (2010; with Production I.G)
- The Legend of Secret Pass (2010; with JC2 Animated Entertainment)
- Dead Space: Aftermath (2011; with Pumpkin Studio, Visceral Games, & Electronic Arts)
- "Starz (STRZA.O)". Reuters. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- Graser, Marc (May 7, 2004). "IDT joins Lee in POW! to distrib toon DVDs". Daily Variety. Retrieved 28 June 2011.
- IDT Corporation - Press Releases
- UK Film and Television News - Liberty Completes First Stage of IDT Acquisition
- "Liberty Completes Final Stage of IDT Entertainment Acquisition". IDT Corporation. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
|archive-url=is malformed: flag (help)
- "Weinsteins Buy 25% Stake In Starz Media". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 28, 2016.
- "Liberty Media Corporation and Starz Announce Completion of Spin-Off". Reuters. Retrieved January 11, 2013.