State Bank of Patiala
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Capital Markets and allied industries
Head Office, |
Patiala 147 002 India
|Sh. Rajnish kumar (Chairman), Shri. S. A. Ramesh Rangan(Managing Director)|
|Products||Loans, Savings, Investment vehicles, etc.|
|Revenue||₹173,000 crore (US$24 billion) (2013)|
|₹11,358.06 crore (US$1.6 billion) (2013)|
|Total assets||₹116,709.10 crore (US$16 billion) (2013)|
|Total equity||₹203,417.50 crore (US$28 billion) (2013)|
Number of employees
|Parent||State Bank of India|
State Bank of Patiala, founded in 1917, was an associate bank of the State Bank Group. At the time of its merger, State Bank of Patiala had a network of 1445 service outlets, including 1314 branches, in all major cities of India, but most of the branches were located in the Indian states of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Gujarat and Maharashtra. It merged with State Bank of India on 1 April 2017.
His Highness Bhupinder Singh, Maharaja of Patiala State, founded the Patiala State Bank on 17 November 1917 to foster growth of agriculture, trade and industry. The bank combined the functions of a commercial bank and those of a central bank for the princely state of Patiala. The bank had one branch at Chowk Fort, Patiala, Undivided India.
The formation of the Patiala and East Punjab States Union in 1948 led to the bank being reorganized, being brought under the control of the Reserve Bank of India, and being renamed Bank of Patiala. On 1 April 1960 Bank of Patiala became a subsidiary of State Bank of India and was renamed State Bank of Patiala.
Logo and slogan
- The logo of the State Bank of Patiala is a blue circle with a small cut in the bottom that depicts perfection and the small man the common man - being the center of the bank's business. The logo came from National Institute of Design(NID), Ahmedabad and it was inspired by Kankaria Lake, Ahmedabad.
- Slogans: "PURE BANKING, NOTHING ELSE", "WITH YOU - ALL THE WAY", "A BANK OF THE COMMON MAN", "THE BANKER TO EVERY INDIAN", "THE NATION BANKS ON US", "GRAHAK DEVO BHAV"
Some of the major competitors for SBP in the banking sector were State Bank Of India, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank and Bank of India. However, in terms of average market share, SBP is by far the largest player in the market.
Branches And ATM Services
The State Bank of Patiala has more than 1334 branches, 13 extension counter spread across the major cities of India. The majority of its branches are located in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir Delhi, and Chandigarh. The Bank provides easy access to money to its customers through its ATMs spread over 21 states and 2 union territories of India.
It was the first bank in India to go on CORE 100%.
State Bank of Patiala
Head Office, The Mall
Patiala - 147 001
- "Annual Report 2012-13" (PDF). SBI. 23 May 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Fortune 'Global 500' 2013:State Bank of India". CNN. Retrieved 10 October 2013.
- "Competitors of SBI in India - Equitymaster".
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|