|Location||Jackson Township, Luzerne County,|
near, Dallas, Pennsylvania, USA
|Managed by||Pennsylvania Department of Corrections|
The State Correctional Institution – Dallas, commonly referred to as SCI Dallas, is a Pennsylvania Department of Corrections prison located in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, United States. SCI Dallas houses about 2,140 inmates, some 400 of whom are serving life without the possibility of parole. It has 119 beds in its restricted housing unit (RHU). SCI Dallas was built to house 1,750 inmates.
According to the official Department of Corrections web site, SCI Dallas (Luzerne County, 10 miles from Wilkes-Barre) was opened in 1960 as an institution for defective delinquents. After the state Supreme Court decision of 1966 voided the concept of "defective delinquents," Dallas, like Huntingdon, became an adult institution. It now is a medium-security facility for men."
- George Feigley, sex cult leader
- Joseph Henry, convicted murderer
- Harry "The Hunchback" Riccobene – mobster
- "A Death in Solitary :: Cover Story :: Article :: Philadelphia City Paper". citypaper.net. Archived from the original on 2010-08-11.
- "The Old Prisoner's Music /81211/". 2010-07-23. Archived from the original on 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
- "Inmate/Parolee Locator".