State Correctional Institution – Greene
|Location||Franklin Twp, Greene Co, PA|
|Security class||Maximum security, Supermax|
|Managed by||Pennsylvania Department of Corrections|
|Mumia Abu-Jamal, Jimmy Dennis, Jerry Sandusky|
SCI Greene is a maximum security prison, classified as a Supermax, located in Franklin Township, Greene County, Pennsylvania, near Waynesburg, off Interstate 79 and Pennsylvania Route 21. Pennsylvania Department of Corrections operates the prison, which houses most of Pennsylvania's capital case inmates.
It is in the far southwest of the state.
SCI Greene opened in 1993.
- Juan Covington, Philadelphia serial killer
- Russell Maroon Shoatz, Convicted in the murder of Police sergeant Francis Von Colln. Founder of Black United Movement in Philadelphia; former member of the Black Panther Party and the Black Liberation Army
- Daniel "Vito" Johnson - Philadelphia rapper
- Domenic Coia, convicted in the murder of Jason Sweeney
- Aaron Jones - Leader and co-founder of the Philadelphia drug gang J.B.M (Junior Black Mafia)
- Christopher Roney (alias Cool C) - Hip hop artist, convicted in the murder of Philadelphia Police Department officer Lauretha Vaird in a bank robbery
- America's Supermax Prisons Do Torture Retrieved 2011-01-25.
- "Franklin township, Greene county, Pennsylvania." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 23, 2010.
- "SCI Greene." Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Retrieved on May 23, 2010.
- Wetzel, Dan. "Jerry Sandusky's slim chance for appeal hurt by decision to send him to supermax prison." (Archive) Yahoo! News. Thursday November 1, 2012. Retrieved on August 16, 2013.
- "Sandusky moved to prison housing death row inmates". Associated Press.