|Location||Clinton Township, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania|
|Security class||Close-security Maximum security|
|Managed by||Pennsylvania Department of Corrections|
State Correctional Institution – Muncy is a Pennsylvania Department of Corrections prison for women in Clinton Township, Lycoming County, near Muncy. SCI Muncy, a close security prison, has Pennsylvania's death row for women.
In 1920 the Muncy Industrial Home, a training school for imprisoned women between 16 and 30, opened. In 1953 the industrial home became a part of the Bureau of Correction. The industrial home is now SCI Muncy.
SCI-Muncy is the diagnostic center for female offenders in the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. It also houses the Young Adult Offenders program. SCI-Muncy has received some press coverage for its service dog training program which is coordinated with Canine Partners for Life.
As of 2014 the prison had 1,400 prisoners, including 170 with life sentences and it houses the female offenders on Death Row.
The restricted housing unit houses some women with disciplinary issues, and one wing serves as the death row unit.
- Mary Jane Fonder- Convicted in the murder of Rhonda Smith.
- Sylvia Seegrist- Convicted in the October 30th, 1985 shooting at Springfield Mall in Springfield, Pennysylvania that left three people dead.
- Tabitha Buck- Convicted in the Murder of Laurie Show.
- Sharon Wiggins- Convicted of bank robbery and murder.
- Peggy Darlene Miller- Convicted in the Murder of Jennifer Daugherty.
- Amber Meidinger- Convicted in the Murder of Jennifer Daugherty.
- SCI Muncy. Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- Directions to SCI Muncy. Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Retrieved on August 24, 2010.
- "Death Penalty FAQ." Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. 2 (2/4). Retrieved on July 26, 2010.
- Beauge, John. "Craigslist killer Miranda Barbour is one of 170 lifers at Muncy state prison" (Archive) Pennlive.com. October 30, 2014. Retrieved on February 14, 2016.
- "Woman sentenced in Greensburg torture slaying pleads for clemency". 5 December 2019.
- "SCI Muncy." Pennsylvania Department of Corrections
- Eaton, Alissa. "Veterinarians help preserve service dog training program at state correctional facility." Sun Gazette. December 2, 2008.