State Express Transport Corporation (Tamil Nadu)
|Public Sector Corporation under the Ministry of Transport of the State Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Industry||Public transport bus service|
|Headquarters||Tamil Nadu, Chennai|
|Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, and Puduchery|
|Products||Bus transport, Cargo Transport, Services|
|Owner||Government of Tamil Nadu|
State Express Transport Corporation (Tamil Nadu) (formerly known as Thiruvalluvar Transport Corporation) is a state-owned transport corporation that runs long distance mofussil services exceeding 300 km and above throughout the state of Tamil Nadu and major cities in adjoining states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and the union territory of Puduchery.
A separate entity exclusively for operating long distance express services was conceived by the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1975 and the services were transferred to the newly formed express wing of Pallavan Transport Corporation with effect from 15 September 1975. It was registered formally on 14 January 1980 and renamed as Thiruvalluvar Transport Corporation (TTC) in honor of Tamil poet Thiruvalluvar. During 1990s, JJTC was formed which operated interstate routes of erstwhile TTC. JJTC was then renamed as RGTC in 1996. Both TTC and RGTC was later merged into State express transport corporation (SETC) in 1997.
|Within Tamil Nadu||Outside of Tamil Nadu|
|Locations||Chennai (CNA - (Annanagar), CNB - (Pallavan Salai) and||Thiruvananthapuram, Puducherry and Tirupathi|
Types of services
SETC offers the following types of services:
- Deluxe buses
- Ultra Deluxe (Non AC Seater)
- Ultra Deluxe with Toilet
- Air Conditioned (AC) Seater.
- Air Conditioned (AC) Seater cum Sleeper
- Air Conditioned (AC) Sleeper
- Non-Air Conditioned Sleeper
SETC provides advance booking and reservation on all of its routes. The advance reservation period is 60 days before the journey date. Reservation can be done online or across SETC counters at major locations.
- "Types of services". TNSTC. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- "TN Govt buses to have CCTV cameras, a/c sleeper coaches". The Hindu. PTI. 2017-07-08. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Ashok Leyland and Tata Intercity Buses". India Travel Forum, BCMTouring. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "SETC New Bus Launch phase 1 of 2000 buses" (PDF).
- "Bus Types".
- "TNSTC". www.tnstc.in. Retrieved 2018-07-03.