State General Administration of Sports
General Administration of Sport of China (Chinese: 国家体育总局 Pinyin: guójiā tǐyù zǒngjú) is the government agency responsible for sports in China. It is subordinate to the State Council. It also administers the All-China Sports Federation and Chinese Olympic Committee.
The agency is currently led by minister Gou Zhongwen.
- Creating a national sports framework
- Providing development in the sports industry and promoting sports development in rural regions.
- Promote physical activity and exercise participation in Schools, regional and local communities.
- Organizing athletic and national sports events
- Enforcement of drug use and anti-competitive measures
- Liaising and cooperating sports with Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
- Organizing international sport events in China
- Support and fund research into the development of sports
- Implementing regulation governing the sports industry, market and best practice
- June 2017, due to improper "re-accommodation" of the chief coach Guoliang Liu, 4 players and 2 cocaches in Chinese National Table Tennis Team declared to leave the 2017 ITTF World Tour Chinese Open.
- General Office
- Sport for All Department
- Competition and Training Department
- Finance Department
- Policy and Regulation Department
- Personnel Department
- External Affairs Department
- Science and Education Department
- Press and Publicity Department
- Party Committee
- Supervisory Bureau
- Bureau of Retired Cadres
List of Directors
- He Long (贺龙, 1952-1967)
- Cao Cheng (曹诚, 1968-1971)
- Wang Meng (王猛, 1971-1974)
- Zhuang Zedong (庄则栋, 1974-1977)
- Wang Meng (王猛, 1977-1981)
- Li Menghua (李梦华, 1981-1988)
- Wu Shaozu (伍绍祖, 1988-2000)
- Yuan Weimin (袁伟民, 2000-2004)
- Liu Peng (刘鹏, 2004-2016)
- Gou Zhongwen (苟仲文, 2016-present)
- Chinese sportspeople
- China at the Olympics
- China at the Paralympics
- Sport in Hong Kong
- Culture of China
- National Games of China
- National Peasants' Games
- 2008 Summer Olympics
- "中国赛国乒选手相继退赛,樊振东后许昕宣布退出" (in zh_cn). 乐视体育. 2017-06-23. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- 国家体育总局 (2017-06-23). "体育总局：男乒运动员擅自弃赛极其错误 将严肃处理" (in zh_cn). 腾讯新闻. Retrieved 2017-06-23.
- Official website (in Chinese)