State Highway 156 (Tamil Nadu)
Laws ghat road in the early 1900s
|Maintained by Highways and Minor Ports Department|
|Length:||56 km (35 mi)|
The Kodaikanal Ghat Road has been designated by the Tamil Nadu State Highway Department as SH-156. It begins at on the Grand Southern Trunk Road (NH-45), about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) west of Batlagundu and ends at Kodaikanal with a length of 56.8 kilometres (35.3 mi).
The Road was used as an alternative when the Adukkam-Periakulam and Adukkam-Perumalmalai ghat roads were shut due to excessive damage.
- List of Roads, 2009, TNDE Highways-Dindigul division
- "Second season slowly picking up in Kodaikanal". The Hindu. 30 August 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2012.
- "Rs. 6 cr. for strengthening Kodaikanal-Batlagundu Ghat Road". The Hindu. 21 June 2009. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Kodaikanal ghat road to be thrown open today". Dindigul: The Hindu. 28 October 2009. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Extensive damage to ghat roads". Dindigul: The Hindu. 19 November 2009. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Kodaikanal cut off from plains". Kodaikanal: The Hindu. 24 November 2010. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
- "Four killed and one child injured as car falls into gorge". Kodaikanal: The Hindu. 24 April 2011. Retrieved 15 July 2012.
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|