State Library of Tasmania
The State Library of Tasmania headquarters in Hobart
The former separate entities of the State Library of Tasmania, the Archives Office of Tasmania, the Tasmanian Adult Education service, and the Tasmanian Communities Online all now operate as part of the Tasmanian Department of Education, in the form of LINC Tasmania
The headquarters of the State Library is located at the corner of Murray and Bathurst Street in Hobart.
The State Library of Tasmania administers and funds all public libraries in Tasmania. There are 7 city/suburban lending libraries and 39 smaller branch libraries located in the main cities, regional and rural centres throughout the state. All libraries share a single catalogue and the collection circulates freely between the libraries.
State Reference Library
Located on the second floor of the Hobart LINC building, Murray Street, Hobart, the State Reference Library contains over 200,000 books, periodicals, maps and directories. Items in the catalogue not located on the library floor can be retrieved by library staff from an area called the Stack within 30 minutes.
Reference and research services are provided to on-site and off-site clients using a range of print and online resources.
The Ask a Librarian webpage provides clients with access to virtual and online enquiry services.
The library operates several collections and archives of historical publications and documents, particularly those related to Tasmania. In addition, the library maintains a newspaper index, an image library and a sheet music database 
A collection of historical and modern published material related to Tasmania, in a range of formats from paper to digital. All Tasmanian-related material is collected including all works published in Tasmania, all works published about Tasmania, and all works by Tasmanian authors.
W.L. Crowther Library
A collection of historical books, documents, photographs, works of art and objects collected by Sir William Crowther, whose great-grandfather arrived in Hobart in 1825. The library contains about 15,000 books and manuscripts, as well as photographs and artworks, and whaling ephemera including a collection of scrimshaw.
Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts
Another collection of historical material, bequeathed to the people of Tasmania by the Allport family to the library in 1965. It includes about 6,000 books, and outstanding collection of about 2,500 colonial-era artworks (by family members and others) and collections of Georgian era furniture, British, French and Chinese porcelain.
- LINC Tasmania; 26TEN (Program : Tas.), (issuing body.) (2014), Welcome to your LINC : one amazing network, over 60 great locations and 24/7 online access, [Tasmania] Department of Education, LINC Tasmania, retrieved 8 June 2015
- LINC Tasmania (author) (1800), LINC Tasmania, [Hobart, Tasmania] Department of Education, retrieved 8 June 2015
- Tasmania. Archives Office; State Library of Tasmania. Serials Section (1988), A List of newspapers held in Archives Office of Tasmania, State Reference Library serials collection, regional reference libraries, as at 19 July 1988, State Library of Tasmania, retrieved 8 June 2015
- List of theatre programmes in the J.W.B. Murphy Collection : Tasmaniana Collection, State Library of Tasmania, 1980, retrieved 8 June 2015
- Hutton, Bridget (1987), An annotated bibliography of children's fiction from the Tasmaniana library, B. Hutton, 1987], retrieved 8 June 2015
- Wesley, C (October 1979), "A survey of the W. L. Crowther Library, State Library of Tasmania", Great Circle, 1 (2): 44–59, ISSN 0156-8698
- Marshall, Tony (2007-11-01), "'The choosing of a proper hobby': Sir William Crowther and his library", The Australian Library Journal, Australian Library and Information Association, 56 (3-4): 405(13), ISSN 0004-9670
- [Biographical cuttings on W.E.L. Crowther, State Library holds the entire collection of rare books compiled by Dr. Crowther of Hobart, containing one or more cuttings from newspapers or journals], 1900, retrieved 8 June 2015
- Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts (1993), The Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts (Rev. ed.), State Library of Tasmania, ISBN 978-0-7246-1703-6
- Stilwell, Geoffrey Thomas, 1931-2000; State Library of Tasmania; Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts (1992), State Library of Tasmania Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts second exhibition of items purchased from Allport bequest funds or acquired by donation for the collection in the past twenty five years, 1967-1992 : opened 17 June 1992, State Library, retrieved 8 June 2015
- State Library of Tasmania - www.think-tasmania.com
- State Library of Tasmania website
- TALISPlus: New Tasmanian Library Catalogue
- Our Digital Island
- Allport Library and Museum of Fine Arts