State Migration Service (Azerbaijan)
|Azərbaycan Respublikasının Dövlət Miqrasiya Xidməti|
Coat of Arms of Azerbaijan
|Formed||March 19, 2007|
|Headquarters||202 Binagadi Highway, 3123th district, Binagadi, Baku, Azerbaijan Republic AZ1114|
The State Migration Service of Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijani: Azərbaycan Respublikasının Dövlət Miqrasiya Xidməti) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Azerbaijan in charge of regulation of activities the sphere of migration taking in consideration issues of national security and stable social-economic and demographic development in Azerbaijan Republic. The committee is headed by Arzu Rahimov.
On July 25, 2006 Presidential Decree on “The State Migration Program of the Republic of Azerbaijan” for the period of two years adopted state policy on activities in the sphere of migration to better control national security, ensure economic and demographic development in the country, ensure rational use of workforce and to stop irregular migration processes. Pursuant to state policies and program on migration, the State Migration Service was established on March 19, 2007.
The agency is headed by the chairman. The organization subdivided into Management, Apparatus and other departments. Main functions of the service agency are enforcing state policies in the field of migration; developing a sophisticated migration management system, in order to forecast migration processes; preventing illegal immigration; engaging in international cooperation; organizing migration monitoring; granting or denying permissions on temporary and permanent residence to foreign citizens or people without citizenship; maintaining data about migration of Azerbaijani refugees, etc. The service also takes part in holding investigations, analysis and inspections of illegal immigrants in cooperation with Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of National Security, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population and State Border Service of Azerbaijan Republic.
- In accordance with Article 54.5 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan foreigners and stateless persons who apply for issuance of permit for permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan are tested by a commission of experts on the topics of “Official language of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, “Rules for foreigners and stateless persons for coming, staying and leaving the Republic of Azerbaijan”, “Cases for issuance of temporary and permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan”, “Rights and obligations of foreigners and stateless persons envisaged by Articles 74, 75 and 76 of the Migration Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan” and “Modern history and culture of the Republic of Azerbaijan”.
- In case visa is required, foreigners and stateless persons should obtain visa following the rules for visa application.
- Foreigners and stateless persons may arrive in Azerbaijan without visa, in accordance with relevant international agreements signed by the Government of Azerbaijan and relevant organization or country.
- The period of temporary staying in Azerbaijan under visa-free regime can not be more than 90 days. If temporary staying period is not extended, foreigners and stateless persons should leave the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Foreigners and stateless persons obtaining permit for temporary or permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan may arrive in Azerbaijan and return back to Azerbaijan without a visa by their passports or other border crossing documents. 
- "State Migration Service of the Azerbaijan Republic. State migration policy". Retrieved 2010-12-16.
- "The structure of the State Migration Service of the Azerbaijan Republic". Retrieved 2010-12-16.