State Power Investment Corporation
|Products||electricity generation (thermal, hydro, wind power, nuclear)|
|Services||nuclear power plant design|
State Power Investment Corporation Limited (abbreviation SPIC) is one of the five major electricity generation companies in China. It was the successor of China Power Investment Corporation after it was merged with the State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) in 2015.
In 2015 China Power Investment Corporation (also known as CPI Group) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (abb. SNPTC) merged. Before the deal, they were both directly owned by and majority controlled by the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council respectively. China Power Investment Corporation was the surviving legal person, but renaming to State Power Investment Corporation, while State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation became a subsidiary. SPIC also re-incorporated as a limited company from Industrial Enterprise Owned by the Whole People legal form in 2017. One of the last leader of CPI Group, Li Xiaolin who also chaired in the boards of the listed subsidiary and associate company, such as China Power International Development (also known as China Power) and China Power New Energy Development, was re-appointed by the central government to another state-owned enterprise China Datang Corporation in 2015. Li Xiaolin was one of the key person in the entire history of CPI Group, which was founded in 2003, as well as its predecessor China Power International Holding (also known as CPI Holding), which was founded in 1994. Another leader of former CPI Group, Lu Qizhou, also left the company in 2015. Former chairman of State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation, Wang Binghua, became the first chairman of SPIC. Previously CPI Group did not have the position of chairman, which the job title of Lu Qizhou was general manager; the former [joint-]deputy general manager of CPI Group, Meng Zhenping (Chinese: 孟振平), was promoted to general manager. Overall, half of the corporate managers were from former SNPTC and half from CPI Group.
After the merger SPIC had the license to run nuclear power plant in China, as well as the ability to design and build one, making the group had conventional mean on power generation as well as using nuclear fission.
On 28 December 2017 SPIC also recapitalized one of the subsidiary and intermediate holding company China Power Development by issuing non-voting convertible preferred shares to Seth Holdings, making CNIC Corporation (Chinese: 国新国际投资) the parent company of Seth Holdings, a state-owned enterprise and investment company, could gain significant control on China Power International Development by excise the rights to convert the preferred shares to ordinary share of China Power Development.
- As of 31 December 2017
|Name||short name / abb.||Chinese name||ownership ratio||place of incorporation||footnotes|
|State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation||SNPTC||Chinese: 国家核电技术有限公司||76%||Mainland China||owned directly|
|China Power International Holding||CPI Holding||Chinese: 中國電力國際有限公司||100%||Hong Kong||owned directly|
|China Power Development||CPDL||Chinese: 中國電力發展有限公司
(not registered as official name)
||British Virgin Islands||owned via CPI Holding|
|China Power International Development||China Power||Chinese: 中國電力國際發展有限公司||55.61%||Hong Kong||owned via CPI Holding and CPDL; listed company|
|Shanghai Electric Power||SEP||Chinese: 上海电力股份有限公司||49.41%||Mainland China||owned directly; additional 15.08% via China Power; listed company|
|SPIC Yuanda Environmental Protection||SPICYD||Chinese: 国家电投集团远达环保股份有限公司||43.74%||Mainland China||owned directly; listed company|
|Huanghe Hydropower Development||Chinese: 黄河上游水电开发有限责任公司||Mainland China|
|China Power Investment Nuclear Power||Chinese: 中电投核电有限公司||Mainland China|
|Shandong Nuclear Power||Chinese: 山东核电有限公司||Mainland China||operator and constructor of Haiyang Nuclear Power Plant|
|Asset Management Company||AMC||Chinese: 资产管理公司||Mainland China|
- As of 31 December 2017
- China Power Clean Energy Development (28.07% indirectly as the largest shareholder)
- Companhia de Electricidade de Macau (6% via CPI Holding)
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched". World Nuclear Association. 16 July 2015. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- 国家电投顺利完成公司制改制 由全民所有制企业改制为国有独资公司 (Press release) (in Chinese (China)). State Power Investment Corporation. 18 January 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF). China Power International Development. 27 April 2015. Retrieved 29 June 2018.
- 2014 Annual Report (PDF). China Power New Energy Development. 21 April 2015. Retrieved 29 June 2018 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- "Top power industry job for Li Xiaolin, daughter of former Chinese premier". South China Morning Post. Hong Kong. 8 July 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- 吴桂霞, ed. (30 May 2015). 中国核电“第三极”诞生：61岁王炳华掌舵国电投. China Daily (online Chinese section) (in Chinese (China)). Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- 国资委发布国电投新领导班子成员名单 无李小琳. 中国经济网 (in Chinese (China)). 16 June 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2018 – via NetEase.
- "Report of the Board of Directors" (PDF). 2017 Annual Report. China Power International Development. 17 April 2018. p. 78. Retrieved 1 July 2018 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- 国家核电技术有限公司关于披露2016年年度报告的公告 [2016 Annual Report] (in Chinese (China)). State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation. 29 April 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2018 – via Shanghai Clearing House.
- "普通股股份变动及股东情况" (PDF). 2017年年度报告 [2017 Annual Report] (in Chinese (China)). Shanghai Electric Power. 3 April 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2018 – via Shanghai Stock Exchange website.
- "普通股股份变动及股东情况" (PDF). 2017年年度报告 [2017 Annual Report] (in Chinese (China)). Yuanda Environmental Protection. 28 April 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2018 – via Shanghai Stock Exchange website.
- 公司简介 [about us] (in Chinese (China)). Shandong Nuclear Power. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Directors' report" (PDF). 2017 Annual Report. China Power Clean Energy Development. 18 April 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2018 – via Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing website.
- "Shareholders". Companhia de Electricidade de Macau. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- Official website (in Chinese and English)