Ohio State Route 607 (1980s–2000s)
Route of SR 607 and SR 607T highlighted in red c. 2006
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||0.44 mi (0.71 km)|
|Existed:||1986 – 2006|
|South end:||WV 106 near Huntington, WV|
|North end:||SR 7 near Proctorville, OH|
Ohio State Route 607 (SR 607) was a north–south state highway in the southern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its southern terminus was on the East Huntington Bridge over the Ohio River at the West Virginia state line near Proctorville where West Virginia Route 106 continues south. SR 607's northern terminus was at SR 7 and SR 243 west of Proctorville.
The majority of SR 607 was on the East Huntington Bridge. The route started at the Ohio–West Virginia state line over the Ohio River. Less than one-half mile (0.80 km) later, the route curved to the south and ended at SR 7 and SR 243 near Proctorville.
Chesapeake Bypass and State Route 607T
|State Route 607T|
|Length:||0.55 mi (0.89 km)|
As a part of the Chesapeake Bypass project, SR 607 was temporarily extended north of SR 7 and SR 243 along a new bypass alignment to Irene Road in 2004. The extension was known as SR 607T. In 2006, SR 7 was moved onto this road and SR 775 was extended south to replace SR 607.
|Cabell||Huntington||WV 106 south to WV 2 – Huntington|
|Ohio River||0.0||0.0||East Huntington Bridge|
|Lawrence||Proctorville||0.44||0.71||SR 7 / SR 243 – Proctorville, Chesapeake|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "Straight Line Diagrams - State Route 607" (PDF). Ohio Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 16, 2005. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Straight Line Diagrams 1/2007 Updates". Ohio Department of Transportation. Retrieved 10 September 2008.
- "New East Huntington Bridge Opens". The Daily Sentinel. 9 August 1985. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- 1987 Map of Ohio (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by Ohio Department of Transportation. Ohio Department of Transportation. § I17. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Straight Line Diagrams - State Route 607T" (PDF). Ohio Department of transportation. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 19, 2005. Retrieved 14 August 2013.