State University of Malang
Universitas Negeri Malang
Logo of State University of Malang
|Motto||The Learning University|
|Established||October 18, 1954|
|Rector||Prof. Dr. AH. Rofi'uddin, M.Pd|
Jalan Semarang 5, Malang 65145, Malang and Blitar, East Java, Indonesia|
Urban − Malang |
Suburban − Sawojajar, Malang
Suburban − Blitar
The State University of Malang (Indonesian: Universitas Negeri Malang, abbreviated as UM), formerly the Institute of Teacher Education and Educational Sciences of Malang (Indonesian: Institut Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Malang, abbreviated as IKIP Malang), is one of the state universities in Indonesia. Located in Malang and Blitar, East Java, UM was established in October 18, 1954 as PTPG Malang, as School of Education of Airlangga University, making it one of the oldest teaching institutes in Indonesia. UM was separated from Airlangga University on 20 May 1964 to become IKIP Malang. In 1999, IKIP Malang formally changed its status from an institute to a state university.
In 2010, UM ranked 6th as the best university in Indonesia by Webometrics, but sank to 16th in 2015. However, also in 2015, UM was accredited as an A-class university by the National Accreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN-PT) with a score of 372 points, just below UGM (378) and IPB (375).
The State University of Malang has eight faculties and one post-graduate program.
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Letters
- Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Sport Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Psychology Education
- Post-Graduate Program (Master's Program and Doctoral Program)
The main teaching, learning and research activities are conducted at the main campus, which is located at Jl. Semarang 5 Malang. The second campus is located at Jl. Ki Ageng Gribig 45 Sawojajar, Malang, and the third campus is located at Jl. Ir Soekarno No 3 Blitar.
Graha Cakrawala that is located in the main campus of State University of Malang, has been used for national and international events, mostly for sports and arts events, and has a seating capacity over 7000.
- Muhadjir Effendy, Minister of Culture and Education 2016-2019
- Awang Faroek Ishak , Governor of East Kalimantan
- Prof Mudjia Rahardjo, Rector of Islamic State University of Malang
- Peni Suparto, Former Mayor of Malang
- Mario Teguh, entrepreneur
- Curtin University , Australia
- Walailak University , Thailand
- Guangxi Normal University , China
- University of South Australia
- Bangkok University
- Hainan University
- Illinois State University
- Université Laval
- Catholic University of Daegu
- University of Technology, Malaysia
- (in Indonesian) Official site