Washington State History Museum
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Exhibit on aircraft manufacture, Washington State History Museum.
|Location||1911 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA|
The Washington State History Museum, in downtown Tacoma, Washington, is one of two museums owned and operated by the Washington State Historical Society under the official approval of the Washington State Legislature, the other being the Capitol Museum.
The museum maintains three permanent exhibits. One is about the history of Washington State and relation to the Pacific Northwest with artifacts from Women's Suffrage, Industrialization, Native American Tribes and items such as Clovis Points.
The top floor of the museum contains the History Lab, where visitors can explore and learn about history in a more hands-on fashion with multiple interactive exhibits.
Also on the top floor is the permanent model train layout, said to be the largest in the state at 1,800 sq ft (170 m2). This is the basis of the annual Model Train Festival that encompasses the whole museum.
- "Washington State Historical Society > Visit". www.washingtonhistory.org. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Washington State Historical Society > Exhibits". www.washingtonhistory.org. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Washington State Historical Society > History Lab Field Trips". www.washingtonhistory.org. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Washington State Historical Society > Model Train Festival". www.washingtonhistory.org. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Washington State History Museum.|
- The Washington State Historical Society
- Exhibits at the Washington State History Museum – Exhibit information on the Washington State Historical Society's website
- Educators' Portal – Information for teachers about field trips, the History Box program, curriculum modules, educator workshops, and the History Day program; plus a link to a free, downloadable version of the Washington State History Museum's Field Guide to Washington History.
- WSHS Collections Catalog Online – Search the Collections Catalog of the Washington State Historical Society
- Heritage Resources – Resources available to support the work of Washington heritage organizations, including workshops, the Heritage Capital Projects Fund grant program, and the Heritage Caucus of the Washington State Legislature.
|This Washington state museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|