Static induction thyristor
The static induction thyristor (SIT, SITh) is a thyristor with a buried gate structure in which the gate electrodes are placed in n-base region. Since they are normally on-state, gate electrodes must be negatively or anode biased to hold off-state. It has low noise, low distortion, high audio frequency power capability. The turn-on and turn-off times are very short, typically 0.25 microseconds.
The first static induction thyristor was invented by Japanese engineer Jun-ichi Nishizawa in 1975. It was capable of conducting large currents with a low forward bias and had a small turn-off time. It had a self controlled gate turn-off thyristor that was commercially available through Tokyo Electric Co. (now Toyo Engineering Corporation) in 1988. The initial device consisted of a p+nn+ diode and a buried p+ grid.
In 1999, an analytical model of the SITh was developed for the PSPICE circuit simulator. In 2010, a newer version of SITh was developed by Zhang Caizhen, Wang Yongshun, Liu Chunjuan and Wang Zaixing, the new feature of which was its high forward blocking voltage.
- Li, Siyuan; Liu Su; Yang, Jianhong; Sang, Baosheng; Liu, Ruixi (1994). Study of 40 A / 1000 V static induction thyristor (SITH). 1. Beijing, China: International Academic Publishers. pp. 205–208. ISBN 978-7-80003-315-5.
- J. Nishizawa; K. Nakamura (1978). "Static induction thyristor". Revue de Physique Appliquée. 13 (12): 725–728. doi:10.1051/rphysap:019780013012072500.
- ChunJuan Liu; Su Liu; YaJie Bai (2014). "Switching performances of static induction thyristor with buried-gate structure". Science China Information Sciences. 57 (6): 1–6. doi:10.1007/s11432-013-4955-x.
- Bongseong Kim; Kwang-Cheol Ko; Eiki Hotta (2011). "Study of Switching Characteristics of Static Induction Thyristor for Pulsed Power Applications". IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science. 39 (5): 901–905. Bibcode:2011ITPS...39..901K. doi:10.1109/TPS.2010.2099242. eISSN 1939-9375. ISSN 0093-3813. OCLC 630064521.
- a Drummer, G. W. (January 1997). Electronic Inventions and Discoveries: Electronics from its earliest beginnings to the present day, Fourth Edition. ISBN 9780750304931.
- "Static Induction Thyristor". Retrieved 14 January 2019. Cite journal requires
- J. Wang; B.W. Williams (1999). "A new static induction thyristor (SITh) analytical model". IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 14 (5): 866–876. Bibcode:1999ITPE...14..866W. doi:10.1109/63.788483. eISSN 1941-0107. OCLC 1004551313.
- Zhang Caizhen; Wang Yongshun; Liu Chunjuan; Wang Zaixing (2010). "A new static induction thyristor with high forward blocking voltage and excellent switching performances". Journal of Semiconductors. 31 (3): 034005. doi:10.1088/1674-4926/31/3/034005. ISSN 1674-4926. OCLC 827111246.
|This electronics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|