This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Friedrich Schwandt (CEO), Hubert Jakob (COO)|
Statista is a German company specializing in market and consumer data. According to the company, its platform contains more than 1,000,000 statistics on more than 80,000 topics from more than 22,500 sources and 170 different industries, and generates a revenue of about €60 million.
The web site deutsche-startups.de named Statista "Start-up of the Year" in 2008 and in the same year, the company was among the winners of the start-up competition "Enable to Start", sponsored by the Financial Times Germany. In 2010, the initiative "Deutschland – Land der Ideen" (Germany – Land of Ideas) selected Statista as one of the winners in the category "Landmarks in the Land of Ideas 2010". and awarded the European Red Herring Prize.In 2012, Statista was nominated for the German Entrepreneur Award in the category "Fast Climber" , and in 2014, it was named Best Database by the Library Journal . In 2019, Statista was bought by advertising company Ströer Media.
The company provides statistics and survey results, which are presented in charts and tables. Its main target groups are business customers, lecturers and researchers. The data provided by the company cover, among other things, advertisement, buying behaviour or specific industries.
Since the end of 2011, Statista produces free infographics, which are published on a regular basis on news sites on current subjects from the areas of media and technology for downloading. These graphics are used by websites like Mashable, Business Insider or VentureBeat.
- "Statista - The Statistics Portal". Statista.
- "Statista ist das Start-up des Jahres - deutsche-startups.de". 15 December 2008.
- "Deutschland Land der Ideen 2010". Archived from the original on 2012-02-12.
- "Red Herring Europe Winners 2010". Archived from the original on 2014-07-14.
- Editors, EuropaWire PR. "Ströer announces increase in Statista shareholding". EuropaWire.eu. Retrieved 2020-08-16.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Silverman, Matt. "Encyclopedia Britannica vs. Wikipedia [INFOGRAPHIC]". Mashable.
- "This Year's Forbes World's Billionaires List In One Simple Infographic". Business Insider.
- "Yahoo's fallback position: Hey, at least we're not AOL (numbers) - VentureBeat". venturebeat.com.