Statute Law Revision Act 1953
|Long title||An Act for further promoting the Revision of the Statute Law by repealing Enactments which have ceased to be in force or have become unnecessary and by correcting certain errors in the First Schedule to the Statute Law Revision Act, 1950, and for facilitating the publication of Revised Editions of the Statutes.|
|Citation||2 & 3 Eliz 2 c 5|
|Royal assent||18 December 1953|
|Commencement||18 December 1953|
This Act was partly in force in Great Britain at the end of 2010.
The effect of this Act is set out in the Report of the Joint Committee on Consolidation and Statute Law Revision Bills, with the proceedings and minutes of evidence, dated 19 November 1953.
- 1 Section 1 - Repeal of enactments
- 2 Section 2 - Application of repealed enactments in local courts
- 3 Section 4 - Provisions relating to Northern Ireland
- 4 Schedules 1 to 3
- 5 Schedule 4 - Omissions from First Schedule to the Statute Law Revision Act, 1950, by virtue of s. 3 of this Act
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Section 1 - Repeal of enactments
Section 2 - Application of repealed enactments in local courts
The words "to the court of the county palatine of Lancaster or" in this section were repealed by section 56(4) of, and Part II of Schedule 11 to, the Courts Act 1971. This section was repealed by section 32(4) of, and Part V of Schedule 5 to, the Administration of Justice Act 1977.
Section 4 - Provisions relating to Northern Ireland
Section 4(1) was repealed by section 41(1) of, and Part 1 of Schedule 6 to, the Northern Ireland Constitution Act 1973.
Schedules 1 to 3
Schedules 1 to 3 were repealed by section 1 of, and Part XI of the Schedule to, the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1974.
Schedule 4 - Omissions from First Schedule to the Statute Law Revision Act, 1950, by virtue of s. 3 of this Act
- Halsbury's Statutes,
- The Public General Acts and Church Assembly Measures of 1953. HMSO. 1953.
- HL Deb vol 184, cols 202 to 204 and 861 to 862, HC Deb vol 521, col 2193.
- The citation of this Act by this short title is authorised by section 5 of this Act.
- The Acts of Parliament (Commencement) Act 1793
- The Chronological Table of the Statutes, 1235 - 2010. The Stationery Office. 2011. ISBN 978-0-11-840509-6. Part 1. Page 866, read with pages viii and x.
- The Statute Law Revision (Isle of Man) Act 1991, sections 1(1) and 2(2) and Schedule 1
- The Interpretation Act 1978, section 4(b)
- John Burke (General Editor). Current Law Statutes Annotated 1953. Sweet & Maxwell, Stevens and sons. London. 1953. W Green & Son. Edinburgh. 1953.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|