A stave is a narrow length of wood with a slightly bevelled edge to form the sides of barrels, tanks, tubs, vats and pipelines, originally handmade by coopers. They have been used in the construction of large holding tanks and penstocks at hydro power developments. They are also used in the construction of certain musical instruments with rounded bodies or backs.
- Rubicon Hydroelectric Scheme, which has wood stave penstocks on operating power stations
- Lake Margaret Power Station, which had a wood stave penstock replaced in 2010
- "Pipe bursting wood stave in British Columbia - McMullen Carpenters And Joiners". McMullen Carpenters And Joiners. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Deer Lake Power Development". Archived from the original on 2008-05-09. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Greek Musical Instruments". Lark in the Morning: Musical Instruments From All Over The World Since 1974. Archived from the original on 2017-03-12. Retrieved 2017-03-12.
8 String Bouzouki, 60 Stave Natural Special Walnut Back
- "Latin Percussion Whiskey Barrel Cajon". zZounds. 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-03-12. Retrieved 2017-03-12.