|Administrative region||Central Macedonia|
|• Municipal unit||3.175 km2 (1.226 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||46,008|
|• Municipal unit density||14,000/km2 (38,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Postal code||564 xx|
Stavroupoli (Greek: Σταυρούπολη, literally town of Cross) is a suburb of the Thessaloniki Urban Area and was a former municipality in the regional unit of Thessaloniki, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it has been part of the municipality Pavlos Melas, of which it is the seat and a municipal unit. The population at the 2011 census was 46,008. The municipal unit has an area of 3.175 km2. Stavroupoli is located northwest of Thessaloniki's city centre.
According to the 2011 census, the population of the Municipality of Pavlos Melas was 98,870, the third most populated municipality of Thessaloniki. The Stavroupoli region includes the areas of:
- Τερψιθέα (Terpsithea)
- Πρόνοια (Welfare)
- Αμπελώνες (Vineyards)
- Άνω Ηλιούπολη (Upper Ilioupoli)
- Κάτω Ηλιούπολη (Lower Ilioupoli)
- Νεόκτιστα (New City)
- Άνωθεν Ασύλου (Upper Asylum)
- Νικόπολη (Nikopoli)
- Ομόνοια (Omonia)
The town is served by buses 27, 34 and 56.
The town hall is located at Karaoli & Dimitriou 1.
- George Papassavas (1924), painter
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
|This Central Macedonia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|