Steady state (disambiguation)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Steady state may refer to:
- Steady state (systems) an operating condition in thermodynamic and other systems or processes when variables stay constant as time passes.
- Steady-state economy, an economy made up of a constant population size and a constant stock of physical wealth (capital).
- Steady-state equilibrium (monetary theory), an economic situation where neutrality of money coincides with zero population growth.
- Steady state (electronics), a state existing in a circuit or network when all transients have died away.
- Steady state (chemistry), a central term in chemical kinetics.
- Steady state (biochemistry), regarding ions across cell membranes
- Steady state (physiology), also known as homeostasis, a system in which a particular variable is not changing but energy must be continuously added to maintain this variable constant.
- Steady state (pharmacokinetics)
- Dynamic equilibrium commonly observed in dynamical systems.
It may also refer to:
- Steady State model, a non-standard cosmological view developed in 1949 by Fred Hoyle and others as an alternative to the Big Bang theory.
- Steady state engine test stand, a type of application for engine testing.
- Microsoft Windows SteadyState, an imaging program for Microsoft operating systems.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Steady state.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.