|Awarded for||User-voted favorites on Steam|
|First awarded||December 31, 2016|
|Last awarded||February 8, 2019|
The Steam Awards are an annual user-voted award event for video games published on Valve Corporation's Steam platform, a digital distribution service primarily used for video games. They were introduced in 2016.
The Steam Awards are selected in two phases. In the first phase, Valve selects a number of categories, atypical of those used in gaming awards, and allows any registered Steam user to select one game available on Steam for that category. In the first Awards, this nomination period was concurrent with one of Steam's holiday sales during a week period in the month of November 2016. During this period, Valve stated they received about 15 million nominations.
Valve subsequently reviews the nominations, and then selects the five top games for final voting, and then reviews the user-defined categories to select a number that represent the most-frequently suggested ones, and the top five games nominated for those. These nominations are then presented to Steam users, giving them the opportunity to vote for one of the five nominated games in each category. Following this, Valve announces the winners.
|The 'Villain Most In Need Of A Hug' Award||The 'I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award' Award|
|The 'Test of Time' Award||The 'Just 5 More Minutes' Award|
|The 'Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!' Award||The 'Game Within A Game Award' Award|
|The 'I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye' Award||The 'Best Use Of A Farm Animal' Award|
|The 'Boom Boom' Award
|The 'Love/Hate Relationship' Award|
|The 'Sit Back and Relax' Award
|The 'Better With Friends' Award|
|The 'Choices Matter' Award||The 'Mom's Spaghetti' Award|
|The 'Labor of Love' Award||The 'Suspension of Disbelief' Award|
|'The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along' Award||The 'No Apologies' Award|
|The 'Defies Description' Award||The 'Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War' Award|
|The 'Haunts My Dreams' Award||The 'Soul of Vitruvius' Award|
|The 'Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0' Award||The 'Best Soundtrack' Award|
|The 'Even Better Than I Expected' Award|
|The "Game of the Year" Award||The "VR Game of the Year" Award|
|The "Labor of Love" Award||The "Best Developer" Award|
|The "Best Environment" Award||The "Better with Friends" Award|
|The "Best Alternate History" Award||The "Most Fun with a Machine" Award|
- Sarkar, Samit (November 23, 2016). "Valve introduces Steam Awards, chosen by the community". Polygon. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Donneley, Joe (December 22, 2016). "Valve reveals Steam Awards nominees". PC Gamer. Retrieved December 22, 2016.
- Good, Owen (December 31, 2016). "Steam Awards names its first-ever winners". Polygon. Retrieved December 31, 2016.
- Chalk, Andy (November 22, 2017). "The Steam Autumn Sale has begun, bringing back the Steam Awards". PC Gamer. Retrieved November 22, 2017.
- Saed, Sherif (December 21, 2017). "Steam Awards 2017 nominees announced". VG247. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Chalk, Andy (January 3, 2018). "The 2017 Steam Awards winners are revealed". PC Gamer. Retrieved January 4, 2018.
- Frank, Allegra. "Steam Autumn Sale is live, along with Steam Awards nominations". Polygon. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Chalk, Andy. "Steam Winter Sale start date confirmed, Steam Award nominees announced". PC Gamer. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Tarason, Dominic. "Steam Lunar New Year sale offers extra discounts for big spenders". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved February 4, 2019.