Steam of Life
Steam of Life (Finnish: Miesten vuoro) is a Finnish documentary film about male saunas directed by Joonas Berghäll and Mika Hotakainen. The movie was produced by Joonas Berghäll. It opened theatrically in New York City on July 30, 2010 and opened in Los Angeles on August 6, 2010 at the 14th Annual DocuWeeks.
It was selected as the Finnish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards, but it didn't make the final shortlist. It is the first documentary film to represent Finland at the Academy Awards. It was also nominated for "Best Documentary" at the 23rd European Film Awards.
It won the Best International Cinematography at the Documentary Edge Festival in New Zealand in 2011.
- List of submissions to the 83rd Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Finnish submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- Arclight Hollywood , 2010-07-31
- IFC Center , 2010-07-31
- 14th Annual DocuWeeks "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-02-23. Retrieved 2011-01-29. , 2010-07-31
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "Steam Of Life Is Finnish Oscar Entry". nordiskfilmogtvfond. Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- Official website
- Variety review
- Steam of Life on IMDb
- Steam of Life at AllMovie
- Steam of Life at Rotten Tomatoes
- Steam of Life at the TCM Movie Database
- Twenty films that make men cry at BBC News
|This article related to Finnish film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|